• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
According to SMH, there's a bug going around the team last week & this week - Izzy & Foley had it last week

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...mp-ahead-of-england-test-20181121-p50h9x.html

I find it a little odd that they played at all against Italy if this is correct. Foley in particular could have at the very least started on the bench, with Beale at 12 and Foley on to come on if he was needed. Ditto Folau with DHP starting at fullback.

EJ (Eddie Jones) revelling in the mind games - it's another area he's ahead of MC at.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If they were crook, then they should have been rested. If they weren't crook, then the Tahs' fan-press is at it again.

There can't be any excuse for Cheika to play sick or injured players this weekend. England will likely trounce a team of half fit players.

Reactions: dru

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
There can't be any excuse for Cheika to play sick or injured players this weekend. England will likely trounce a team of half fit players.

It's a pretty good excuse, though.

This is Mickey C's SOS – the Sister of Suzie

Milk it like there's no tomorrow

(And if they jag a win from this adversity, it'll be bigger than Mandela in '95)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It's a pretty good excuse, though.

This is Mickey C's SOS – the Sister of Suzie

Milk it like there's no tomorrow

(And if they jag a win from this adversity, it'll be bigger than Mandela in '95)
Not gunna lie, I'd be pretty fucking ecstatic if we beat England in England.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I've almost come full circle with this game. My expectations are so low that I now have a weird feeling we might win.

I don't know how, or why. This team is so annoyingly erratic that this is just the type of game they might come out and play out of their skins. It's a 10% chance, but it is a chance.

They'll probably lose by 40, but fuck it. Carn Wallabies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I'd honestly take another loss against England if it results in the straw breaking the camels back in getting the Assistant Coaches sacked.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
When are we going to get a team? Looks like Samu is on standby for Pocock. We lose a lot of beef in that exchange. I wish Valentini had been given a run off the bench last week. Or That Holloway or Higgs was included in the squad for this exact scenario.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
When are we going to get a team? Looks like Samu is on standby for Pocock. We lose a lot of beef in that exchange. I wish Valentini had been given a run off the bench last week. Or That Holloway or Higgs was included in the squad for this exact scenario.

Team is usually announced today. My guess, around 10 pm tonight.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I've almost come full circle with this game. My expectations are so low that I now have a weird feeling we might win.

I don't know how, or why. This team is so annoyingly erratic that this is just the type of game they might come out and play out of their skins. It's a 10% chance, but it is a chance.

They'll probably lose by 40, but fuck it. Carn Wallabies.
It’s like we’re the New France. Without the fashion sense or cooking ability.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Man Holloway is so far away from being good enough.
Maybe. We have had some pretty limited players in our back row at times. The man’s big and has decent skills. Once Poey goes down we are very light on at 8 in this squad, actually we are even with him fit.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Maybe. We have had some pretty limited players in our back row at times. The man’s big and has decent skills. Once Poey goes down we are very light on at 8 in this squad, actually we are even with him fit.
He lost his own spot at 8 to Wells and only regained first team action in the second row.

I think you would be rather disappointed if he were selected.

B

Bobby Sands

At least with Foley on light duties, we can assume To'omua will stay at 10, if we are really lucky Foley won't make the squad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.