• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Ireland, Sat 9th June @ 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Interesting changes to the Structures from last year.

Defensive set up was vicious, teams will attack us with short kicks if we maintain that sort of line speed. Need Genia floating in behind to cover he got caught in the line w couple of times. Nice seeing the D line set up like a league d line. We just kept teeing off on the contact and Ireland didn’t know what to do. That will work against NZ attack as well. That’s exciting for me.

The turnover ball was magic to watch, Beale links in quickly from the back then we look immediately to go for width- nice to see.

It was also great to see us actually have some attacking kicks- we looked so dangerous with them- it’s the first time in many ears we used them to attack.

Our scrum was wonderful to watch. All 4 props are fantastic players.. the work we started 10 years ago to find new props is slowly finding rewards.

Things to work on:

The lineout.

The breakdown could be improved- especially out wide if we look for width.

Folau is a runner.. not a passer.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
found myself rooting for Aus in that one. Fuck Ireland. Aus try to play expansive yet Ire just drag them down to a defensive 9-8 bollocks scoreline with cagey tactical chess game. BORING. Instead of barraging with brilliance like AB's do they just bore you with Bishop to E-7. Glad they lost. Fuck em.
Their second placed ranking seems a bit much - games like they played would see empty stadiums in the Southern Hemisphere.
Bigger question for you is whether the French will go into vacation mode after that scoreline.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Their second placed ranking seems a bit much - games like they played would see empty stadiums in the Southern Hemisphere.
Bigger question for you is whether the French will go into vacation mode after that scoreline.

French 13 looks like he wouldn't mind getting into a few NZ wines and cheese.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
On the train home - thought that was actually a decent game of football.

Beale, sanchez, poey, folau standouts

BPA a bit dodgy on debut.

Kearney was shocking

Sexton should have started.

TMOs should only be allowed to go back to the previous 1 or 2 phases to look for infringements and only can be referred to by the ref - they cannot pipe up

Scrums and defence very good.

Cheika loves using the word truck

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Thought Foley did very well and Genia was only so so.
Very impressive performance that! Genia, Beale and Folau outstanding with Korebeti and DHP very good. Pocock brilliant and a big effort from the tight five. Not thrilled with Foley - we need to find or make a new 10 but overall very happy with that hit out!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
found myself rooting for Aus in that one. Fuck Ireland. Aus try to play expansive yet Ire just drag them down to a defensive 9-8 bollocks scoreline with cagey tactical chess game. BORING. Instead of barraging with brilliance like AB's do they just bore you with Bishop to E-7. Glad they lost. Fuck em.
Barrage you with ref b.....rilliance yeah

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Was a good wallaby team performance tonight and I actually thought they looked well coached for a change. I reckon Pocock was the difference for us tonight, but plenty of players right behind him in MOM voting.

Our line out is the biggest thing to work on this week, but geez it was great to see a dominant scrum from the wobbs, including the penalty/3 points that turned the game in our favour. We love playing at Suncorp don’t we

Status
Not open for further replies.