• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Italy, Suncorp Stadium, 24th June 2017 @ 3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Congrats to Rob - well done in getting the spot.

I have to admit the selection was a bit baffling but the Chek machine rolls on.

Wallabies to win by 60 - 70 otherwise we have not moved on to better things.

We shall see !!!!

Go Wallabies !

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I love the hyperbole in the expectation.

Apparently anything less than Italy's worst result in a decade is a bad performance by the Wallabies.

Do Italy get many 60-70 point floggings in the 6N? Remember, Scotland are minnows we should also thrash, when recent evidence would quite clearly suggest they are no more minnows than us. Really, at the moment, the gap between 1-2 is stark, and 2 to the rest is broad. The more I follow Aus rugby the more I think the halcyon days of the 90's to early 00's were somewhat of an aberration. I wish it weren't so. Not to say I don't expect more from the team, I do, but increasingly I wonder if I am deluded.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Do Italy get many 60-70 point floggings in the 6N?

No.

Ireland beat them 63-10 this year and Wales beat them 67-14 last year in the 6N.

Their three biggest losses in the last 15 years were against the ABs by 63, 62 and 58 points respectively.

Australia's biggest win against them in the last 15 years was 69-21 in Melbourne in 2005.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Gotta love a good Tah bashing.

What's the point in Powell being on the bench. Showed last match that he has no faith in him to come on and make a difference in a test and last match Genia was absolutely cacked by the 70th minute.

So why not just stick Phipps in, who he will at least use?

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Bench is:
20. Dempsey

sOVnQtl.png

Now the Queenslander's pitchforks can come out. #Justice4Higs

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Has Dempsey played a full match of Super Rugby yet this year?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Cheika must love him, but you gotta think out of the current batch of 6 backrows (timani, higs, hanigan, dempsey, hoops & hardwick) he will be the first one to go when Mcmahon comes back or if Fardy is deemed necessary (for TRC)

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I actually think Cheika is trying to work out who is going to be 6 post fardy in the rc. Looks that way anyway, they've all got a run. Which is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Cheika must love him, but you gotta think out of the current batch of 6 backrows (timani, higs, hanigan, dempsey, hoops & hardwick) he will be the first one to go when Mcmahon comes back or if Fardy is deemed necessary (for TRC)

Yes. My guess is he only made this squad on the back of McMahon getting injured.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I actually think Cheika is trying to work out who is going to be 6 post fardy in the rc. Looks that way anyway, they've all got a run. Which is a good thing.

While I can understand the sentiment, I guess it depends on what side of the 'devaluing the jersey' debate you fall on. To me, giving Dempsey a jersey without any real runs on the board is similar to the whole shit-storm Koroibete kicked off at the EOYT.

Status
Not open for further replies.