• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Italy, Suncorp Stadium, 24th June 2017 @ 3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Being a game we ought to win, and on the understanding TK might benefit from a rest, then I'd rather see how Hodge would go at 13 than to revert to the 2115 model of Horne in the backline. On his form over the past two years at test and Super Rugby level, Horne has not won his spot on merit.

EDIT: Like others, I am sick and tired of Cheika's lame. bullshit excuses for omitting Fardy while keeping the likes of Moore and Horne (even Genia) in the side.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
I like giving Hanigan a run but should he really be the 1st choice no.6 v the ABs? If Mcmahon is back then he should get it though that will leave us exposed at lineout time with a McTimPoopa backrow. However I'm still thinking higs if mcmahon isn't around. Will be able to play wider with Timani and Arnold starting and is one of the best front jumpers going around

OffsideAgain

Frank Row (1)
15193622_1162982133737390_5027865891662749102_n.jpg

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hornes greatest strength is his defense. I would guess TKs is better. TK was not great last week and Cheik may be giving him a rest as suggested. He will be on the bench.
Higgers better on the ball than Hanigan but not sure he is the type of player Cheika likes and he's had 2 tests to make 8 his own.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Whats a little frustrating is that we appear to have the pack right, but the backs take a step back. Previous week you could argue it was the other way around.

You could, sort of, but the backs really didn't set anything alight, except Jack Quigley.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Being a game we ought to win, and on the understanding TK might benefit from a rest, then I'd rather see how Hodge would go at 13 than to revert to the 2115 model of Horne in the backline.

Always thought Cheika was future thinking, but that's ridiculous...

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Italian team named:

15 Edoardo PADOVANI (Zebre Rugby, 13 caps)*
14 Angelo ESPOSITO (Benetton Rugby, 13 caps)*
13 Michele CAMPAGNARO (Exeter Chiefs, 31 caps)*
12 Tommaso BONI (Zebre Rugby, 4 caps)*
11 Giovambattista VENDITTI (Zebre Rugby, 42 caps)*
10 Tommaso ALLAN (Benetton Rugby, 32 caps)
9 Tito TEBALDI (Benetton Rugby, 21 caps)
8 Andries VAN SCHALKWYK (Zebre Rugby, 14 caps)
7 Maxime MBANDA’ (Zebre Rugby, 10 caps)*
6 Francesco MINTO (Benetton Rugby, 35 caps) - capitano
5 Dean BUDD (Benetton Rugby, 2 caps)
4 Marco FUSER (Benetton Rugby, 23 caps)*
3 Simone FERRARI (Benetton Rugby, 4 caps)
2 Luca BIGI (Benetton Rugby, 2 caps)
1 Andrea LOVOTTI (Zebre Rugby, 16 caps)*

a disposizione16 Ornel GEGA (Benetton Rugby, 14 caps)
17 Federico ZANI (Benetton Rugby, 2 caps)
18 Pietro CECCARELLI (Zebre Rugby, 8 caps)
19 Marco LAZZARONI (Benetton Rugby, esordiente)*
20 Abraham STEYN (Benetton Rugby, 13 caps)
21 Edoardo GORI (Benetton Rugby, 62 caps)*
22 Carlo CANNA (Zebre Rugby, 21 caps)
23 Tommaso BENVENUTI (Benetton Rugby, 44 caps)*

Why O'Shea would start Tebaldi and Allan in front of Gori and Canna is beyond me. Tebaldi has had umpteen chances and is very average. Allan is the Scot-Italian who is equally average and whose goal kicking is erratic. Other than that, close to first choice in the backs, an inexperienced and mainly second-choice pack.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Anyone else put a fiver on Italy?
Just in case... if the unthinkable happens I may have a distracting thought that the 5 has morphed into 65 that may save my TV from receiving a nicely weighted scotch glass through the middle of it.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Likewise and agreed.

So, you are pleased to make such corrections, no problem.

So, you and Twolims seriously argue by inference that EJ (Eddie Jones) has made no crucial, meaningful and sustained improvements to this 'best ever' England squad and that his 2016-17 record of 1 Test loss is something Lancaster (had he continued) would have readily also attained (including defeating Australia 4-0 in 2016) as this squad was so unprecedentedly good and almost on autopilot in its competitive goodness?

Whilst, as per the related posts above, poor ol' Chek has had to battle away doing his magic with a shit Aussie squad that he has by now lifted to its mediocre optimum level?

(I do appreciate that there is much residual affection for Chek on these boards but I think understandable nostalgic sentimentality post his 2014 achievements (that I have always applauded big time) has perhaps by now run its course and we need to judge him by his attainments from late 2014.)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
At the risk of being accused of being a Tahs sympathizer and upsetting the brumbies ones - TK hasn't just been 'a little soft' this series, he's been shit. Best remedy for that is the drop.

Horne might turn out to be more shit but at the end of the day he's safe and he's just a fill gap. I don't mind BRs much touted solution of playing Hodge at 13, but only as a contingency. Outside that there aren't many viable options.

Thus, whilst not wrapped in it, I can understand the selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.