• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Scotland, 3:00pm 17 June Sydney Football Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The game was epitomised by that play in the last 10 when Foley, bereft of other ideas, attempts to replay the Izzy try with a cross field kick but his execution was so poor that it was out on the full so far from the try line that it wouldn't have mattered even if DHP could have caught it.

All of our kicking in general play was somewhere in the upper half of the shitometer.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Not sure why the outrage.
Close game as expected when the 3rd placed team on the decline plays the 5th place team on the rise.
I enjoyed the game. Other than the final penalty there was little controversy and no soft yellow cards.
I think we looked more threatening in general play and more likely to score when in possession.
The Scots never really looked like scoring but capitalised on turnovers from exceptional defence.
Our Kicking (foley/genia) and lineout cost us that game as has been the case on many occasions yet we never seem to learn.
Yet another loss with the same or more tries than the opposition.
We rarely win unless we win the try ledger by quite a margin, and that invariably comes down to poor kicking and/or discipline.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I think there's no doubt Carter's form this season has made him deserving of a spot in the 23.

I know you are biased but I'm also sure you can see how much better Sam's form is this year compared to 2015 and 2016 when he didn't play many tests.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't argue with any of that BH! I'm not biased beyond the realms of reality, though!! Sam's Super Rugby form has been consistently good, otherwise he wouldn't have beaten Pocock for the Brumbies' "best forward of 2016" award.

Will be interesting to to see who the three locks are in Bris Vegas. Maybe Tui will be given an opportunity?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I hope we'll see Powell given more game time next week, or even a start....

Some faster service from the base in that back half could have really helped.

What I really don't understand is our depth on attack. More often than not, Genia got it in front of the man BUT we were still 5-8 metres back when it happened. What is the fucking point of that?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I wonder what the damage to Sydney Wallaby/rugby fans' motivational longevity with sequential home losses to England and then Scotland. On top of all the other Super fuck-ups and the Waratahs a long, long way off 2014's glories.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I wonder what the damage to Sydney Wallaby/rugby fans' motivational longevity with sequential home losses to England and then Scotland. On top of all the other Super fuck-ups and the Waratahs a long, long way off 2014's glories.

Going down this:

Toilet_370x580.jpg

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Trying to charge roughly $100 to watch that tripe is what's killing crowd attendances particularly given the economic climate. As in all things the ARU show their incompetence.

At least we'll have Beale back to inject some degree of creativity into our backline soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Agreed. If we just play the percentages a touch and not push a marginal pass or take a poor option we won't put ourselves into the position where Scotland's pressure game turns the ball over and they score.
The fundamentals are so poor that everything has to be a miracle play.
The scots passed in front of the man far better than we did (except when we threw it forward). I never thought I'd have to say that.
Very few passes are out in front at chest height.
Nearly every catch involves a stutter to retrieve the ball from some odd position relative to the receiver.
We are in real trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.