• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions - 1st Test (Brisbane)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The big question is, what will be the make up of the team for the second test?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mower was great on debut. Looked like he had been doing it for years.

Yep, had a good game.......

However, he needs to be more involved in the lineout......

I'm not sure if that's a coaching decision or what but that needs to change for game 2........

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thats a great effort from the Wobs.
Character from all.
Chin up KB (Kurtley Beale) - you didn't lay that shit turf and the slomo shows clearly it was the turf.
I hope no one got injured in club footy today: expect a call up!

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yep...pretty much across the board crap for all Australian pitches. The only one worse if the SFS. The only thing that place is missing is a few cow pads. Total tip of a field.
it has been crap for a long time, it is not noticed for league so no one cares, but for soccer and rugby it is shit. I dont blame the pitch for this loss, there wer much easier shots missed earier in the game

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Our backrow outplayed the Lions I thought, quite well. Mowen was my pick, followed by Hooper. Good contribution in play from our tight five too.

Our piggies were outstanding tonight. The Lions were getting the better of us but they fought back, hard. Just wish the injuries to the backs didnt happen. Lilo wouldve had us way infront.

Bring on Game 2!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The earlier missed kick is where Beale would be disappointed. That was a lot easier i thought.

Don't despair Wallaby fans. It's a 3 test series. OZ were right there.

12 years ago and plenty were writing them off after Test 1.

Would love to see JOC (James O'Connor) at fullback and Gilbert at 10.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yep...pretty much across the board crap for all Australian pitches. The only one worse if the SFS. The only thing that place is missing is a few cow pads. Total tip of a field.
it has been crap for a long time, it is not noticed for league so no one cares, but for soccer and rugby it is shit. I dont blame the pitch for this loss, there wer much easier shots missed earier in the game

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
JOC (James O'Connor) played just like he did when the Rebels played the Reds. Made a few cameos at 10 then went into hiding. Whoever selected him in that position needs to go away.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
What did St Sam do?

BO'D seemed to be more of a captain tonight.

Don't think any of the backrow on either side stood out, due to Pollock deciding not to allow any competition at all at the breakdown.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Our backrow outplayed the Lions I thought, quite well. Mowen was my pick, followed by Hooper. Good contribution in play from our tight five too.

Aus back row as a unit was excellent. Thought that Heaslip was the standout for the Lions. Warburton will be retained for the 2nd test and Croft may be the one to miss out.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Thats a great effort from the Wobs.
Character from all.
Chin up KB (Kurtley Beale) - you didn't lay that shit turf and the slomo shows clearly it was the turf.
I hope no one got injured in club footy today: expect a call up!

H Jones (Barker CAS) was kicking well yesterday at the trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.