• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa 8th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Pretty well agree with most you say there RN, I must admit I think Hodge has gone quite well at 13, ok without setting the world on fire, and yep maybe Maddock just needs time, he certainly looked to lack finishing last night. Tupou certainly looks the goods and could well be a pretty big name on the international scene.
the Boks I thought at times were bloody poor, what the hell has happened to their skills? The number of dropped balls when there was no pressure amazed me, and I beginning to wonder if Willie Le Roux is carrying some sort of injury? He really looks very ordinary at the moment. And what were their midfield actually meant to be doing? They were quite poor I thought, maybe just a bad night for them, but all in all a good night for Wallabies!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just about need a comp for a title to this pic!!!
5a67a44c67f02866ae502fe446c9f838

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Side (for various reasons) was missing Slipper, Kepu, Coleman, Pocock, Dempsey, McMahon, Kuridrani, Kerevi, Phipps, Izzy and Foley. Probably a few.others

Now they won't all be starting but if you'd told me this time last year we'd have the Boks covered without all of those I'd have said we were going ok

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I agree with that too. I enjoyed the game, it wasn't pretty but I was on the edge of my seat the whole second half and it was a classic gritty test match.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
With regards to the bench - did Cheika run out of substitutions with the need to put Rodda & TPN back out there?

Just wondering if there is any specific reason why Powell didn’t take the Field.

Not trying to overthink it - I suspect Cheika may not have been able to - but if it was a lack of faith then I wonder why he doesn’t just bring Gordon into the squad instead. I thought Genia was good last night but 80 minutes from the half is pretty rare these days.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yeah I know we are a long way from any good form. But fuck me, we won against a classic rival in a close match.
Also three of our top 5 players pulled out at the last second, that's a blow. Simmons flew in that day and played. Complete clusterfuck.

We didn't concede a point in the 2nd half, we defended for nearly 10 minutes at the end on our own try line. A situation where we always let a try in to lose the game. But our defence held strong.

Also on the refereeing, it's always a bit of a lottery and every game you'll have marginal calls. I'm just glad that neither game last night was marred by any cards. Chins up.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
With regards to the bench - did Cheika run out of substitutions with the need to put Rodda & TPN back out there?

Just wondering if there is any specific reason why Powell didn’t take the Field.

Not trying to overthink it - I suspect Cheika may not have been able to - but if it was a lack of faith then I wonder why he doesn’t just bring Gordon into the squad instead. I thought Genia was good last night but 80 minutes from the half is pretty rare these days.

I assume he didn't come on because the game was so tight that a fatigued Genia was better than a fresh Powell. We didn't have too many leaders left on the pitch last night.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

I didnt sew Taf and Rodda come back on ?

From the game.. we won yay
Fainga'a I thought was good.
To'omua ok
Topou good

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)

Rodda and Tpn came back on for 10mins while Arnold and FF (Folau Fainga'a) had hias

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Thought Rory Arnold played great, cemented himself as lock # 2.

Tui has been so-so. He's a good ball carrier and good in contact in tight, but he looks like he's running in sand out wide. Wish Dempsey was healthy or McMahon was around.

Hooper is not himself.

Not sure the purpose of playing Beale at 10.

Young wing looked tiny. If Korobiete gets a couple of those balls I think he'd have done far more with them.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Rodda and Tpn came back on for 10mins while Arnold and FF (Folau Fainga'a) had hias

Correct. I can understand TPN returning because if FF (Folau Fainga'a) failed the test, then TPN would stay on to complete the front row.

But how did Rodda get to come on for Rory. Had Rory failed his test, then what would have happened to Rodda. Would he have been required to leave the field? If it had been any other sort of injury to Rory that took him off the field, Rodda would not have been allowed back on (I am presuming that Rodda had been replaced due to his hand/arm injury).

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Correct. I can understand TPN returning because if FF (Folau Fainga'a) failed the test, then TPN would stay on to complete the front row.

But how did Rodda get to come on for Rory. Had Rory failed his test, then what would have happened to Rodda. Would he have been required to leave the field? If it had been any other sort of injury to Rory that took him off the field, Rodda would not have been allowed back on (I am presuming that Rodda had been replaced due to his hand/arm injury).
Law 3.33
Replacements can come back on for injured front row, blood, HiA or anyone injured cause of foul play.

It's to encourage teams to replace players that need to be off the field (eg for their assessment)

Rodda can stay on if Arnold fails the HIA

B

Bobby Sands

Was so nice to have a new midfield. Even with a lack of cohesion, the intent was so much more promising. KB (Kurtley Beale) & MT to take us to WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.