• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa 8th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ok. Pocock = L. Samu = W

I’d get on board if Beale/To'omua killed it but the reality is they struggled to combine. They need more time together and will no doubt improve. But to say the team was better without Foley when there wasn’t any improvement in the part of the game he plays in is just Istanbul doing his usual of having a crack at Foley, even when he’s not playing. Just poor form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You would be hard pressed to say we would not have won that game if foley started.

And to be Frank the wallaby backline looks more and more ordinary against top flight opposition.

Korobete is just increasingly like he struggles to read the game, To'omua is hardly a world class 12.

We won at home against the boks but hard to see beating them at home. Take the win but it shows our ranking is about right.

Argentina on recent form would be confident of a win next week seeing that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
I think the referee has a fair amount of control over the quality of the game. Tonight was poorly reffed in my view. 50/50 calls against the attacking team, a lottery in the scrum - didn't make for a great spectacle. Admittedly skills were poor from both teams but I don't think the ref helped at all.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Wonder if they’ll look at the scrum that injured tupou’s neck.
That was bloody dangerous play by the beast.
Tupou pulled him down so fair penalty but the beast got back to his feet, bored in and drove tupou over his neck.
Clearly pissed off at being owned.
Lucky he wasn’t injured more seriously

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good game. Boks are a step down from the blacks. We were disjointed for the first 50mins but had some good passages. The To'omua try was bloody lucky and wa she difference. Both teams need to improve to challenge* the best teams in the world.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Wonder if they’ll look at the scrum that injured tupou’s neck.
That was bloody dangerous play by the beast.
Tupou pulled him down so fair penalty but the beast got back to his feet, bored in and drove tupou over his neck.
Clearly pissed off at being owned.
Lucky he wasn’t injured more seriously

He didn't look great after full time

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The second half effort by the Wallabies was a lot better than the first. Genia was better and Samu was better and Tui was better. Whether they were better because the team was better, or vice versa, I don't know.

But Will was really slow getting the ball out of the breakdown area in the first half, and it stunted any go forward the team might have wanted.

Samu didn't, as far as I recall, make a single turnover, or even disrupt the Saffa ball at the breakdown, in the first half. He was almost invisible. But the second half he turned it around. In fact, the Saffas owned the tackle and ruck area in the first stanza, and the Wallabies won in the second.

Tui was again much stronger with the ball the longer the game went on. And I'm not sure that he made any defensive howlers like last week, so a much better all round performance from him. I wonder how much of that might be attributed to the presence of To'omua in the backline and less moving around in defensive positions by the rest of the players.

Marika was again disappointing on the wing. I am sure he hasn't yet learnt the intricacies of rugby versus league.

Beale/To'omua didn't set the game on fire. Maybe try Foley/To'omua next week. To'omua's involvement was top notch given the travel he has undertaken in the off week.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Tui was again much stronger with the ball the longer the game went on. And I'm not sure that he made any defensive howlers like last week, so a much better all round performance from him. I wonder how much of that might be attributed to the presence of To'omua in the backline and less moving around in defensive positions by the rest of the players.

Tui did not miss any tackles in Auckland.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Is Semi Radradra eligible for wallabies and in any calculations? He seems to be playing good footy and Marika hasn't set the world on fire so far.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think the referee has a fair amount of control over the quality of the game. Tonight was poorly reffed in my view. 50/50 calls against the attacking team, a lottery in the scrum - didn't make for a great spectacle. Admittedly skills were poor from both teams but I don't think the ref helped at all.

The whole thing was fairly ordinary, but I'll take the win. One thing worse than winning ugly is losing ugly.

Can't blame the ref for the skills and execution of the teams though.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Some keen D but bit of a klutzfight really, neither team clued up on sealing the deal, continously dropping the bride at the threshold then barking their shins on her teeth as she fell down. Again.

Oh God le Roux was shit. An absolute graveyard for bokke hope.

Der bokke midfield of Kriel and Allende have the creativity of krill and anenome respectively. Total dogshit. The wouldnt know how to put their wingers into space if the two poor unemployed c**ts flew a plane banner in front of the pair.

Best part of the match was giant gestapo freak Snyman laughing his arse off while 6 aussie forwards looked up at him angrily and vehemently remonstrated with him about this and that.

Don't think that any of the 46 players tonight would make the All Blacks 23 - the difference in class is immense.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
I thought the ref was fine. I personally would have called things differently quite a few times, but rewind it, the ref calls were OK. Not brilliant, but they were OK.

I don't disagree with you, some calls were questionable but no real howlers. The issue for me is that it's up to the ref as to what needs to be called and what doesn't. Has to be consistent for both teams. I feel there were a lot of calls against the attacking team that could have been let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.