• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Before diving into Brett's credentials, I don't think anyone from the current administration should be appointed as the CEO. They need to completely start a fresh.

Looking at Brett's CV it's not as terrible and inexperienced as some people think:
http://www.boq.com.au/aboutus_media_20151008.htm

Take away his medical listings and on the face of it, it's an appealing candidate. However, when you factor in the baggage he brings, it completely outweighs any pros.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
There’s nothing in it, and frankly if there is just about anybody who is qualified by background and ability to do it, and is willing to take it on, we should all get behind him or her, not matter which farking school they went to. (I went to a state school, and frankly all this stuff about the GPS mafia is just pathetic).
It's not about what School they went to, it's the fact they they were all from the same background, with the same viewpoints and life experiences.there has been no diversity of view.
That view has been demonstrably unsuccessful.
Recruiting a CEO from the current board adds no fresh thinking.
That's what's needed.
You're line of thought reminds me of the Gallipoli movie, you've got a clueless fucking idiot that's about to send everyone to oblivion, but he must be obeyed without question or we are destined to fail.....

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
You guys just make me sad, the ARU have done their best in difficult circumstances and we should not be questioning their judgements - everything they did was legal and if it wasn't, prove it Senator Reynolds

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
You guys just make me sad, the ARU have done their best in difficult circumstances and we should not be questioning their judgements - everything they did was legal and if it wasn't, prove it Senator Reynolds
Has your account been hacked?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
On the very slim chance you weren't having a bit of fun......
Yes, all great blokes,doing their very best, it's almost rude to critique the value of their output.
On that basis Peter Fitz should still be starting for the Wobblies.

Why is Rugby administration the only position in the nation where performance review does not apply?

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Actually, come to think of it, Senator Reynolds did raise some red flags, here's one:
The ARU receives government funding (I don't think they pay tax either) and negotiated a secret deal with a private business man that included a payment plan of over $6 million from the ARU to the other entity with no performance hurdles.
I find this interesting because in Accounting 101 students learn about the fraud triangle: opportunity, rationalisation and need. The secrecy of the deals provides opportunity.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Interesting from the tellie

Football Federation boss David Gallop admits he was approached to head ARU - but turned it down

WITH the end game in sight for the civil war over Football Federation’s future, there’s been all manner of speculation about the consequences for those involved.
Not least David Gallop, the FFA CEO who could find his superiors suddenly vanish if FIFA decides to sack the current FFA board and send in its own “normalisation committee” to run the game in December.
Gallop has been heavily linked with the vacant top job at the ARU since Bill Pulver quit, and Confidential can reveal that Gallop was approached – but declined to discuss it.
Showing a rather brave level of confidence in the future beyond what will be a tumultuous few weeks for FFA, Gallop is staying put.
FFA boss David Gallop turned down an approach from the ARU.
The former NRL boss was reluctant to discuss the ARU position, but did confirm he was approached.
“Yes, but I told them that I’m not interested,” Gallop said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/8ee5ca8a781b4bcee6e90ad120bf4c23

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I doubt that he would have been directly approached, at this level of position it would be remarkable if a reputable search firm was not involved, Spencer Stuart, Heidrick Struggles, or the like.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
I doubt that he would have been directly approached, at this level of position it would be remarkable if a reputable search firm was not involved, Spencer Stuart, Heidrick Struggles, or the like.
Or the Moore Park carport security guard is involved.
Either way I'm sure they've got it covered

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Oh, and another thing, the Senate Committee might just determine that some of the witnesses were in contempt of the Senate - little things, like obstruction, obfuscation, partial truths. No real powers to sanction that sort of thing, but a big hit to one's reputation, I would have thought.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
A person summoned to appear before a committee but who refuses to attend, or a witness who refuses to answer a question or produce a document, or who lies to or misleads a committee, may be punished for contempt by reprimand, fine or imprisonment.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
A person summoned to appear before a committee but who refuses to attend, or a witness who refuses to answer a question or produce a document, or who lies to or misleads a committee, may be punished for contempt by reprimand, fine or imprisonment.
I believe flogging with a limp lettuce leaf is also on the list of sanctions, and in fact even preferred in most cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Lying to the senate might affect a persons reputation more than another persons reputation depending on their standing - lettuce leaf or no

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Generally, mostly like the banks have in the past, wish for fine, prosecution, sanction, public spanking, kinky lettuce leaf whipping. anything as they can just take it and go on with things.

However, the Senate, and those in government know that death by bureaucracy is much more of entertaining way to make people and entities suffer. A bit of regulation here, and there, a large does of reporting requirement as a sweet dessert, followed by a nice chaser of a good ole'audit.

For those that have experienced an ANAO audit for example, a weekly enema is far more enjoyable. It take a lot of work, time consuming and painful, there are usually recommendations that have to be implemented (with proof), interviews etc then its all publicly published.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Generally, mostly like the banks have in the past, wish for fine, prosecution, sanction, public spanking, kinky lettuce leaf whipping. anything as they can just take it and go on with things.

However, the Senate, and those in government know that death by bureaucracy is much more of entertaining way to make people and entities suffer. A bit of regulation here, and there, a large does of reporting requirement as a sweet dessert, followed by a nice chaser of a good ole'audit.

For those that have experienced an ANAO audit for example, a weekly enema is far more enjoyable. It take a lot of work, time consuming and painful, there are usually recommendations that have to be implemented (with proof), interviews etc then its all publicly published.

Something of a knee jerk reaction from me, but that sounds a pretty good result. The ARU has to be the only organisation in Australia that might be more effective with politicians driving elements of process.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
John Eales on Fox Sports now: What I really like about rugby is that its a global game
- unfortunately its not a national game now is it Ealesy?