• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Suaallii suspended by the NRL for a lifting knee action when running with the ball on the weekend. He has been charged with this offence in the past and also issued a written warning prior to that.

Needs to stamp that kind of stuff out of his game before jumping to rugby. Our TMOs will be onto anything like that far quicker than the NRL mob, who missed it during the game.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Suaallii suspended by the NRL for a lifting knee action when running with the ball on the weekend. He has been charged with this offence in the past and also issued a written warning prior to that.

Needs to stamp that kind of stuff out of his game before jumping to rugby. Our TMOs will be onto anything like that far quicker than the NRL mob, who missed it during the game.
Absolutely a bad habit / issue with his technique running into contact.

I can see how this instance wasn't picked up during the game though - it seems pretty 50/50 as to whether this is a 'raised' knee (at least from this single frame) or just difference in body height and a bit of bad luck

1685925982017.png

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Out of curiosity how's it different from Ardie Savea's running style? Is it more than just pumping his legs?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Out of curiosity how's it different from Ardie Savea's running style? Is it more than just pumping his legs?

Yep see Cheesie's screenshots - deliberate impact of an unnaturally high knee lift at the exact point of contact with a defender. His running style isn't naturally that high either.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
CBA, Westpac, St George and NAB.

I'd love to know how Phil is able to work within budgetary constraints on a company that can barely keep the lights on. His entire working career he's had access to organisations the literally print money and make billions in revenue.

Also curious to know how the previous 2 years he's been working in the broker division so how that at all converts to sports administration I've go no bloody idea.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well now he's been confirmed, I truly hope he will be good. I sure got no reason to think otherwise.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Lets be honest it is Hammers show (just like it is that Horse Guy in the NRL). Let's hope Philthy's rugby connections (domestically and internationally) keep him on the straight and narrow.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I saw someone on social media giving Phil Waugh credit for the 2027 World Cup bid and that’s why he should be CEO… my lord it was a collective bid with multiple parties in contributing.

people love of Phil Waugh the player are turning a blind eye to his non existing CEO experience

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
CBA, Westpac, St George and NAB.

I'd love to know how Phil is able to work within budgetary constraints on a company that can barely keep the lights on. His entire working career he's had access to organisations the literally print money and make billions in revenue.

Also curious to know how the previous 2 years he's been working in the broker division so how that at all converts to sports administration I've go no bloody idea.
I'm as dubious as the next person, but Phil Waugh has been a Director with Rugby Australian for around 5 years now including through COVID with RA was on the brink of insolvency, the claim he has only worked within organisations that have a license to print money is false.

Even then, working within a financial institution doesn't mean you're flippant with spending, if anything it's improved his financial literacy. It's all the other job requirements that people should be questioning.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I hope he makes a great success of it, because as rugby lovers in this country we all have a stake on that. It would be childish to death ride him just so you can say to everyone "I told you so".

That doesn't mean I'm happy with the process, his lack of demonstrated CEO experience or that he's (in my perception at least) the face of the Sydney rugby establishment. We tend to hate jobs for the boys/girls for politicians after they've left their posts and for me this isn't any different.

With all of that out of the way, I hope he kills it for the sake of the game here.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I hope he makes a great success of it, because as rugby lovers in this country we all have a stake on that. It would be childish to death ride him just so you can say to everyone "I told you so".

That doesn't mean I'm happy with the process, his lack of demonstrated CEO experience or that he's (in my perception at least) the face of the Sydney rugby establishment. We tend to hate jobs for the boys/girls for politicians after they've left their posts and for me this isn't any different.

With all of that out of the way, I hope he kills it for the sake of the game here.

Not just your perception.