• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I know it's Tah-ish but that blue is awful.
The blue and the reddy-brown (I thought it was meant to be more maroon) are callbacks to the 'original' Wobs jerseys that used NSW and QLD colours

1690329058246.png

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)

The Deni Dictionary is having fun with it at least

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The blue and the reddy-brown (I thought it was meant to be more maroon) are callbacks to the 'original' Wobs jerseys that used NSW and QLD colours

View attachment 16987

I presumed there would have been something to do with playing in State colours prior/early post federation.

Doesn't stop it looking butt ugly, particularly pairing a very uninteresting blue with the maroon piping.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Posted in the Brumbies thread, but has some relevance here regarding a lack of third tier...

I have been back in QLD for over a year now, so can’t speak for the Rebels current position but I know only 18months ago they are desperate for more games above a club level. Funding is the issue but their thinking internally was exactly the same as the Brums position here.

That’s 2/5 clubs, surely they arent the only ones especially with the Force and Reds so proactive in arranging more games.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think it's getting more hate than it deserves. Nearly every young professional male has a pair of RMs. They're not that niche or stuffy.

Depends how you define young...

I think RMW have realised there has been a big culture shift in the white-collar world over the last decade and they've actually done some great marketing campaigns aimed at the younger generation, released some 'new style' boots and sneakers.

The reality is for many new 'young professionals' parting with $600 for a pair of boots isn't high on their agenda. I'm sitting in an office in town right now (very pre-covid of me) and at a glance, out of the 10 odd male staff in my immediate area, only three have RMs on (me included) and they're all part of the executive team.

In terms of the campaign itself, like I said in a previous post, I'll quite happily wear some of the socks or the hats. I like the brand.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
In all honesty, like that gear. And I can see why it doesn't hurt any agreements in place, not really that close to any jerseys, but good enough to show who they wearer is supporting!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I’d say it’s likely a licensing restriction here that presents current Wallabies from marketing a R.M.Williams heritage jersey given that Asics are the official apparel sponsor of the Wallabies

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
The reality is for many new 'young professionals' parting with $600 for a pair of boots isn't high on their agenda. I'm sitting in an office in town right now (very pre-covid of me) and at a glance, out of the 10 odd male staff in my immediate area, only three have RMs on (me included) and they're all part of the executive team.
Clearly you don't work in Brisbane CBD