• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
All the material currently in the media about Kafer's role gives no indication his job is to provide critical analysis to the Super Rugby coaches.

First part of the job is establishing a 6-8 person advisory panel and then working to standardise and develop coaching material across all levels of the game.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
All the material currently in the media about Kafer's role gives no indication his job is to provide critical analysis to the Super Rugby coaches.

First part of the job is establishing a 6-8 person advisory panel and then working to standardise and develop coaching material across all levels of the game.
well we used to have this, run by Dick Marks, until JON shut it all down

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Who is the world class person for this role and what would it cost the ARU to recruit them?

If Kafer has run a successful business in this space he's perhaps the best qualified local candidate and also has an interest in improving the situation.

The reality is rugby in Australia is small and most of the people involved are already inside the tent so to speak.

Plenty of resources to do what Kafer is doing at the Australian Institute of Sport. They do plenty to help make sure that sports (particularly those that are not professional) have the right set up around coaching, pathways and governance. The government of the day does not want to see the money it grants to sports wasted!

https://www.clearinghouseforsport.gov.au/home

https://www.clearinghouseforsport.g...nd_leadership/high_performance_sport_coaching

http://www.ausport.gov.au/supporting

Don't imagine they would do it for free but can't imagine they would fee gouge.

But you know what would be the best part of engaging AIS to formulate coaching, pathways and governance for Australian Rugby

1. They are not ex players
2. They are not ex coaches
3. They would not have big egos
4. No old scores to settle
5. No state bias
6. They are not corporate types trying to lift their personal profiles
7. No pre conceived ideas
8. They are not associated with the GPS system or Shore school
9. Would give the impression we are not copying the Kiwis (though I suspect they would lift a lot from NZ)
10. Given whats on their website, they are are happy to publish and make available to all their findings and proposals to all the grass roots stakeholders, who do it for love not money

Come on ARU live life outside the tent, your grass roots deserve better than a Rod Kafer jobs for the boys, ground hog day exercise!

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
So, a panel of 6 - 8 to oversee coaching on a national basis. What chance of Dwyer, Evans, McQueen, Connelly, Jones et al being on that panel? Perhaps the big bucks are needed to get the last one or two names?

I think I'd rather a panel of one, and that'd be Link.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Please correct me if I'm wrong;

At a recent rugby lunch, a major club sponsor is awarding the prize to a raffle, and says;

• At a recent club rugby game that he was watching with Mr Pulver, he said to Mr Pulver something olong the line of "how good is this"
  • To which Mr Pulver said, or what was interpetated, "this is why whe dont fund club rugby".
Now over recent months Australia Rugby Union has lost some fairly major sponsors - and at the grass roots level a major sponsor iterpretates the above.

In Club land sponsors are part of the familiy / community / club - thank you to all sponsors hope your all enoying a geat season of Grass Roots Rugby.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Maybe the point he was making was actually a compliment to the many supporters of all kinds who have made Club rugby what it is today and continue to support the game (and their own club) through thick and thin.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Maybe the point he was making was actually a compliment to the many supporters of all kinds who have made Club rugby what it is today and continue to support the game (and their own club) through thick and thin.

I'm sure that is what was meant but just simply complementing would have been best.
But instead he had foot in mouth again.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Clyne hints he'll stand down if a team isn't cut.
The article is filled with some pearlers, read,
""The elephant in the room is performance," Clyne said. "The reality is rugby is professional. There's a straight-line correlation between on-field performance and when teams aren't performing, you're not getting money. Simple as that."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...f-super-rugby-cull-fails-20170721-gxg654.html

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
""The elephant in the room is performance," Clyne said. "The reality is rugby is professional. There's a straight-line correlation between on-field performance and when teams aren't performing, you're not getting money. Simple as that."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...f-super-rugby-cull-fails-20170721-gxg654.html

What happens if a business isnt performing?
is the business not getting / loosing sponsors?

concerntrate on the game, play the game, enjoy the game - if you focus on money it is the root of all evil.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/aru-chairman-cameron-clyne-hints-he-will-stand-down-if-super-rugby-cull-fails-20170721-gxg654.html

If it was being run professionally then performance would be accountable. Plenty of scape goats have been seen in Australian Rugby, but no true accountability and even more jobs for under performing boys club people.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If it was being run professionally then performance would be accountable. Plenty of scape goats have been seen in Australian Rugby, but no true accountability and even more jobs for under performing boys club people.

Clyne's statement is one of the more amusing from the ARU. In a very warped way. OF COURSE performance is the white elephant in the room. Yes the game is professional.

Well time the ARU caught up with this. And right now with the absence in performance from themselves, we are left also with a gaping hole at the grass roots.

If Clynne goes if they fail to cut a team team, I doubt I'm on my own for now doubly wanting this result. Though the nature of Clyne's conversation gives the impression that they will continue regardless of the downside, even the legal downside which is something at least he acknowledges.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I don't understand how cutting one team and freeing up 20% of the roster fixes anything. We had 5 teams do shit. Getting a 5% increase in squad strength won't make them finals contenders. This assumes the better culled players don't head o/s

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
So, the CFO has resigned. He insists, of course, that there's nothing untoward about his resignation whatsoever.

He's certainly *not* jumping off a sinking ship.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
So, the CFO has resigned. He insists, of course, that there's nothing untoward about his resignation whatsoever.

He's certainly *not* jumping off a sinking ship.

If he isn't jumping off the sinking ship then he's been very busy re arranging the deck chairs. Bye Bye Todd

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That's a concern.
We've now lost no's 2 & 3 in the org chart.
Most dont expect no 1 to be extended in the new year.
Few organisations lose their top 3 in a 6 month window, regardless of the calibre of the departing execs, that's a substantial amount of IP walking out the door.