• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
builder appointment and planning approval 'imminent'
Good to know. It was a fairly audacious master plan which will allow the QRU to unlock some value in the site, I’ll be interested to see if it was amended as part of the process..

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Off topic to this issue, but in line with the thread, I note that Dan McKeller's family are moving back to Brisbane, with him to follow once he finishes up with the Brumbies on 27 May.

The cashed up Mexicans continue to drive our property prices through the roof!

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Off topic to this issue, but in line with the thread, I note that Dan McKeller's family are moving back to Brisbane, with him to follow once he finishes up with the Brumbies on 27 May.

With Rennie, Taylor and du Plessis all in QLD (on the Gold Coast) and Wisemantle I assume at Lennox, I wonder if that means the new Ballymore High Performance Centre will be more of a base for the Wallabies
Is this actually a serious comment or are you just stirring? They don't base the Wallabies where most of the players are selected from so I highly doubt it. I'm sure it will be utilised by them at some point but not the main facility.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Is this actually a serious comment or are you just stirring? They don't base the Wallabies where most of the players are selected from so I highly doubt it. I'm sure it will be utilised by them at some point but not the main facility.
There is (was) talk of the Wallabies’ headquarters (ARU?) being located at the new Ballymore. From memory this was mentioned in the media.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
i didn’t mention players ….
Many years ago, when I was doing a bit of consulting, a study was conducted to try to determine how companies decided where to relocate to. It was found that of all the factors that might have been considered, the proximity of the new location to the CEO's residence was the most important. It would probably be different these days, the price of property etc being what it is, but this factor would still be in the mix.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Biggest issue for Ballymore/RA is that funding granted for the Moore Park project from NSW Govt was tied to it been the base for the Wallabies and Aussie 7s, even if slightly symbolic for the former. Hence why Ballymore is been marketed as the home of the Walaroos, they weren’t included under Moore Park.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Biggest issue for Ballymore/RA is that funding granted for the Moore Park project from NSW Govt was tied to it been the base for the Wallabies and Aussie 7s, even if slightly symbolic for the former. Hence why Ballymore is been marketed as the home of the Walaroos, they weren’t included under Moore Park.
Delusional if they think Sydney is the spiritual home of Wallabies.

Surely Suncorp.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)

This is where we need to invest money, hopefully we can get funding from education departments due to the academic outcomes of the academies. Outside of that we need to look for private sponsors to grow the system

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

This is where we need to invest money, hopefully we can get funding from education departments due to the academic outcomes of the academies. Outside of that we need to look for private sponsors to grow the system
I plan on making a donation to the cause via their site. I think it's a fantastic initiative and needs to be properly supported.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I plan on making a donation to the cause via their site. I think it's a fantastic initiative and needs to be properly supported.
Yep really like this initiative and I will also make a donation once work out where. I noticed Geoff Parkes referred to a link so if you could share WCR if you find it.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I apologise if this is the wrong place to post, but wanted to share a link to a fundraising page which I have put together to mark my efforts to walk from Brisbane to the Gold Coast (starting Boxing Day) to raise funds for pre-term birth - this is linked to the charity, Borne HMRI, which Dean Mumm and his wife Sarah coordinate here in Aus. I'd be extremely grateful for any donations

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)

I reckon that if we wait for Education Depts it's not going to happen. Their focus is clearly on other woke issues.
Private sponsorship is critical as RA and State Unions just don't have the $$s.
When the Tahs were in financial difficulties the first employees to go were the Development Officers.

The Roar article highlights a great initiative in Melton.

In 2020, Andrew Forrest’s Minderoo Foundation committed $7 million to community rugby over the next 5 years which included an expansion of the RugbyRoos program as well as new public secondary school competition for which David Pocock was to be Ambassador.
Sadly the schools program didn’t get going in 2020 due to Covid 19 restrictions.

However, there has been plenty of action in 2021 and some exciting plans for expansion in 2022.

The information below was supplied by Dane Lazarus, RugbyWA’s Program Manager – Community and Regional Development.

saw the launch the Rugby Schools Cup program which had 9 schools ( Government Schools) participate over 10 weeks playing 7-a-side rugby in the Year 7&8 year groups ( boys and girls).
Western Force players and local clubs were heavily involved in this initiative.

Plans for 2022 have a dual focus:

PROMOTION delivered by club casual development officers to help bridge the gap between clubs and schools.
Try RugbyRoos – Free one off visit to the school
Get into Rugby – Funded either by the school or through sporting schools which is a government funded initiative
Touch 7’s – Funded either by the school or through sporting schools which is a government funded initiative
Rugby 7’s – Funded either by the school or through sporting schools which is a government funded initiative.

COMPETITION
Term 1 and Term 2:
Gala days for primary and secondary schools with chance for new schools to experience game play against other schools.
Contact and no-contact options are offered for both boys and girls.
Offered to Years 4-6 (Primary) and Years 7-12 (Secondary).

Term 3: Rugby Schools/Western Force Cup competition to be expanded from Years 7 & 8 to include Year 9.
Aim is to grow from the 2021, 3 schools per zone to 6 schools in 3 zones (North, Central, South) with alignment between Clubs and Schools
The longer term aim is for the Western Force Cup will grow by 1 year group per year.
With a move from 7s, to 10-12 per side rugby to XVs rugby and provide links with the existing under age pathway programs to move onto higher honours.

Note – this is a separate Government Schools program to complement the existing Club under age programs/pathways.

Last edited:

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I reckon that if we wait for Education Depts it's not going to happen. Their focus is clearly on other woke issues.
Private sponsorship is critical as RA and State Unions just don't have the $$s.
When the Tahs were in financial difficulties the first employees to go were the Development Officers.

The Roar article highlights a great initiative for Melton.

In 2020, Andrew Forrest’s Minderoo Foundation committed $7 million to community rugby over the next 5 years which included an expansion of the RugbyRoos program as well as new public secondary school competition for which David Pocock was to be Ambassador.
Sadly the schools program didn’t get going in 2020 due to Covid 19 restrictions.

However, there has been plenty of action in 2021 and some exciting plans for expansion in 2022.

The information below was supplied by Dane Lazarus, RugbyWA’s Program Manager – Community and Regional Development.

saw the launch the Rugby Schools Cup program which had 9 schools ( Government Schools) participate over 10 weeks playing 7-a-side rugby in the Year 7&8 year groups ( boys and girls).
Western Force players and local clubs were heavily involved in this initiative.

Plans for 2022 have a dual focus:

PROMOTION delivered by club casual development officers to help bridge the gap between clubs and schools.
Try RugbyRoos – Free one off visit to the school
Get into Rugby – Funded either by the school or through sporting schools which is a government funded initiative
Touch 7’s – Funded either by the school or through sporting schools which is a government funded initiative
Rugby 7’s – Funded either by the school or through sporting schools which is a government funded initiative.

COMPETITION
Term 1 and Term 2:
Gala days for primary and secondary schools with chance for new schools to experience game play against other schools.
Contact and no-contact options are offered for both boys and girls.
Offered to Years 4-6 (Primary) and Years 7-12 (Secondary).

Term 3: Rugby Schools/Western Force Cup competition to be expanded from Years 7 & 8 to include Year 9.
Aim is to grow from the 2021, 3 schools per zone to 6 schools in 3 zones (North, Central, South) with alignment between Clubs and Schools
The longer term aim is for the Western Force Cup will grow by 1 year group per year.
With a move from 7s, to 10-12 per side rugby to XVs rugby and provide links with the existing under age pathway programs to move onto higher honours.

Note – this is a separate Government Schools program to complement the existing Club under age programs/pathways.
But the selling point of the program is the better social and educational outcomes for an underperforming minority group