• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I don’t see the efficacy of the Tahs operations being instrumental in the recruitment or success of the Brumbies at all.

giphy.gif

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Brumbies fans beware, we have heard this all before, is it a case of history repeating itself.:

Saturday 29/07/2017:

Australian Rugby Union chief executive Bill Pulver may not like to be reminded of pledges he made to Western Force as he tries to axe the club from next year’s Super Rugby competition.

More than once he said the future was safe. They are assurances that have turned into empty promises...........

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
The problem is the complete lack of trustworthiness of the people pushing it - Rugby Australia.
It’s the equal in reverse, we don’t have any faith in the state operations as well. So we might as well go to the system that provides the most efficiency. All the states have routinely been incompetent and unable to manage their affairs routinely over the decades.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
It’s funny how rhetoric quickly changes, 6 months ago RA was the more competent operation with posting a profit and the cutting measures they undertook under relatively new management to save the game. The states were a laughing stock with poor performance more often than not on the field, if not then off the field, however more often than not both.

Now RA is perceived to be the joke operation with the states some bastion of managerial performance in some people’s eyes and bereft of any real blame. They really have taken the opportunity to move focus from their own incompetence within the media.

It’ll be in reverse by the end of the Super Rugby season with all the blame on the states. Then 6 months later the blame will be on RA. It’s a merry go round and shows why we need to consolidate and centralize so we can actually focus on reform across the entire country and get to the root cause before focus changes to someone else and we forget the issues in one area and haven’t fixed them

hoggy

Trevor Allan (34)
It’ll be in reverse by the end of the Super Rugby season with all the blame on the states. Then 6 months later the blame will be on Rugby Australia. It’s a merry go round and shows why we need to consolidate and centralize so we can actually focus on reform across the entire country and get to the root cause before focus changes to someone else and we forget the issues in one area and haven’t fixed them
The root cause of the problem is lack of domestic growth. Without growing the game within Australia, those Wallaby wins (rare at that) just means less each year as less people are interested.
No amount of Centralization is getting you to the root cause of the problem, that is a domestic product that simply does not engage enough people to grow the game.
This hasn't happened overnight, the problem is the game is going broke paying for a lifestyle that it simply cannot afford.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In principle, all five Super Rugby franchises, including the Brumbies and Reds, agree that greater alignment with regards to high performance is essential.

Where the Brumbies still have issues with RA’s leadership is the lack of detail regarding who is running the programs and how they work, with the states only provided with a couple of messy A4 pieces of paper with names all over the place, given to them explaining some of the detail.

With noise that RA is entertaining returning to four Super Rugby franchises, the Brumbies also want to ensure their own future in Canberra is safe.

Waugh moved to address those fears, saying the Brumbies’ future in the nation’s capital was secure.

“We’ve already given that guarantee,” Waugh said.

“That’s already been committed to the Brumbies and I’ve got a really close relationship with the chair Matt Nobbs and Phil Thompson, the CEO, and we’re making good progress.”

The Roar has been told the Brumbies are waiting for that commitment to be put in writing.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Clearly the federated model doesn’t work, all this bitching and moaning protecting something in terminal decline.

Exactly. "OOOOOH YOU CAN'T TRUST RUGBY AUSTRALIA!" they say.

OK. Don't centralise. Die fast. Whatever - I'll get my Saturdays back and a good dose of time during the week as well.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
League are pissing themselves laughing.

I spoke to someone high up at an NRL club about some local rugby happenings, and had to explain thatwe're not aligned to Premier Rugby in any way, tho the local juniors are.

Shaking their head, they said "Yeah they showed me the flow chart..."
Me: "You mean the scatter plot?"

We laughed.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It’s the equal in reverse, we don’t have any faith in the state operations as well. So we might as well go to the system that provides the most efficiency. All the states have routinely been incompetent and unable to manage their affairs routinely over the decades.

Personally I've not been entirely impressed with QRU/Reds, but I'd trust them a long way before the RA.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It’s funny how rhetoric quickly changes, 6 months ago Rugby Australia was the more competent operation with posting a profit and the cutting measures they undertook under relatively new management to save the game. The states were a laughing stock with poor performance more often than not on the field, if not then off the field, however more often than not both.

Now Rugby Australia is perceived to be the joke operation with the states some bastion of managerial performance in some people’s eyes and bereft of any real blame. They really have taken the opportunity to move focus from their own incompetence within the media.

It’ll be in reverse by the end of the Super Rugby season with all the blame on the states. Then 6 months later the blame will be on Rugby Australia. It’s a merry go round and shows why we need to consolidate and centralize so we can actually focus on reform across the entire country and get to the root cause before focus changes to someone else and we forget the issues in one area and haven’t fixed them

Really? My rhetoric toward RA has been pretty consistent, certainly for a lot longer than 6 months. "RA" and "competence" have been mutually exclusive for quite some time.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
It’s funny how rhetoric quickly changes, 6 months ago Rugby Australia was the more competent operation with posting a profit and the cutting measures they undertook under relatively new management to save the game. The states were a laughing stock with poor performance more often than not on the field, if not then off the field, however more often than not both.

I think if you looked closely at the figures, it was due to funding received from NZRU from their tv rights to assist us, and the amounts withdrawn from the super rugby clubs funding that got them there, so not sure about competent, but savage cutting yes

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think if you looked closely at the figures, it was due to funding received from NZRU from their tv rights to assist us, and the amounts withdrawn from the super rugby clubs funding that got them there, so not sure about competent, but savage cutting yes
The funding does come from revenue generated by Rugby Australia though.

I think this is the part that annoys me most about the state unions. They run themselves broke to the bone, come begging on their knees for a handout and then cry foul when the free money pot they were receiving isn't as big as it used to be because RA didn't want to go broke themselves.