• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Wilson

David Codey (61)
My layman's understanding is that a verbal agreement can be just as enforceable as a written one. RA should get Tony Abrahams onto the case, he was a lawyer in France for some time.
I know we love the lawyers in rugby but if you're calling them in you've already lost. Absolutely best case is you get your money and recoup the costs but you've soured relationships with one of the major unions. Much more likely is you get the money but spend a decent chunk of it to get it back over a multi year legal fight and the relationship between you and the French is frosty going forward, if not as outright hostile as it might have been.

Simple answer is get the signed contracts that remove ambiguity from the start so that you never have to end up in this position.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I know we love the lawyers in rugby but if you're calling them in you've already lost. Absolutely best case is you get your money and recoup the costs but you've soured relationships with one of the major unions. Much more likely is you get the money but spend a decent chunk of it to get it back over a multi year legal fight and the relationship between you and the French is frosty going forward, if not as outright hostile as it might have been.

Simple answer is get the signed contracts that remove ambiguity from the start so that you never have to end up in this position.
Yeah this

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Just give him a seat on the board, I'm pretty sure he knows how to balance the books a bit better than anyone currently there atm.

RM Williams the new apparel logo on the jersey
Fortescue on the front of the jersey
Bega on the back of the shorts
Squadron Energy rugby championship
Akubra super rugby pacific
Camilla super w

there I have fixed ra

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
RM Williams the new apparel logo

These cheeky buggers ran a pretty decent Black Friday sale for once. But it was too good to be true, when reading the fine print all the heavily discounted stuff was coming from their overseas workshops, not the better quality Aussie made products (same product lines). You can’t even buy the overseas made in most of their retail stores.

Not relevant to anything on here but yeh, fuckin Twiggy swindled me.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Nah terminal is going ahead just no power station

This bit made me laugh:

'"A Squadron Energy spokesperson said the company was "continuing with a gas firming project in the Illawarra".'

Why? To lose money? Buy batteries instead. They're cutting gas' lunch right now. Co-locate it with the transmission onshoring and use it to balance output. Boom.

Back to rugby.

Interestedoz1

Bob McCowan (2)
Re super rugby - Trans Tasman rivalry is the pinnacle of rugby in Australia, obviously stemming from the Bledisloe. If our teams are beating up Kiwis the product is superb.

This is a great point. How we are travelling against the Kiwis is a good barometer in my view.

How long do people think it will be before the Wallabies can win the Bledisloe back after this rebuild?

Are we thinking in the next 2-4 years or will it be longer?

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Putting the whole should have gotten it in writing, it is a bit of a dick act by the French and only hinders allies in our game.
FWIW, they probably did have it in writing, in some form (perhaps a standard, template 'participation agreement') with a standard match fee and standard terms.
Then Laporte and Hammer (mostly likely) varied it via handshake, with the amount we were getting increased.

The French claimed it 'wasn't in budget' which suggests they had a different figure in mind (or had accrued another number).

Whereas I agree they (France) should come to the party, it's a basic rule in my experience that you follow up with an email at least when varying a contract verbally.
This is supposed to be a professional game and RA are supposed to be professional managers.

Relying on the old amateur 'ethos' seems optimistic.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
This is a great point. How we are travelling against the Kiwis is a good barometer in my view.

How long do people think it will be before the Wallabies can win the Bledisloe back after this rebuild?

Are we thinking in the next 2-4 years or will it be longer?
Closer to never realistically, if it remains 2 or 3 games. It would take an Aus "GOLDEN GENERATION" coinciding with a massive dip by NZ.

Consider that Scotland have never even beaten them once (0-2-30) and Wales are on a 33 game losing streak back to the 50s - and that is with most games at home. We are a lot closer to their level historically than the Australian teams who could win a series which now has to involve victory in NZ.

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
Closer to never realistically, if it remains 2 or 3 games. It would take an Aus "GOLDEN GENERATION" coinciding with a massive dip by NZ.

Consider that Scotland have never even beaten them once (0-2-30) and Wales are on a 33 game losing streak back to the 50s - and that is with most games at home. We are a lot closer to their level historically than the Australian teams who could win a series which now has to involve victory in NZ.