• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Not sure where is best to post this, as it isn't really relevant for a few years.
Probably here

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Probably here

Okay I didn't see that - lets just delete my post as it's already being discussed haha

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
F1A0AD16-1ADF-41FD-A799-B9B16741A704.png

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
One thing to take away from that graph…

Everyone took a dive when Covid hit and then bounced back, except for Football Australia.

ruggy

Herbert Moran (7)
Gents, I decided to get back on the Youtube grind after a few years. Determined to make rugby content to hopefully promote the game long term. I was a bit nervous to share this video with you lot of experts! But thought it is pretty relevant trailing the discussion about NRL / Union. I'm sure many of you could add a lot of value to the points made here...

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
What marketing genius puts the Reds Vs Waratahs in Townsville?

I assume you mean genius in the literal sense?

We need to gain a foothold back in the regional areas, may as well leverage the QLD v NSW origin rivalry. Honestly I doubt that game sells out Suncorp anyway.

As an aside, Townsville the city was a key cog in keeping a lot of Aussie sports running during covid so I’m happy they’ll get some of the flagship Super Rugby games and I know they’ve been rewarded in other sports.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Waratahs have fallen behind Brumbies and Crusaders for marketing pull & crowds in recent years, I’d say a Waratahs game is worth more in Townsville than Brisbane given the parochial ‘origin’ supporter base up there.

Last edited: