• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys and National Championships 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

International Badboy

WOW thats insane, is F'sautia fast or what? attributes?, Looks like Le Lievre stands a good chance then this year. kid probably deserves it

Q

QuadeCooperFan

Chris F'Sautia is probably one of the best players going around at the moment. I watched that game v New Zealand on foxsports last year, he was a gun. I swear there used to be a highlights video of that match on youtube but i can't seem to find it now, it shows an excellent try by him. Look out for him in years to come.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
yeah the kid is just freakishly good at everything. Fast, big, athletic, kicks well, defensively superb and knows where the try-line is. I'm not one for talking up someone who isn't good, but he's heads and shoulders above schoolboy level

I

International Badboy

Okay im guessing the Reds have him tied up then? also what school does he go to ill look for some highlight vids

Q

QuadeCooperFan

i'm fairly certain he's at BSHS (Brisbane State High School)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Played wing in '09, fullback and wing in '10, and looking at outside centre in '11. Well you would like to think that the reds have him signed up, that or he will play league.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
QC (Quade Cooper) fan you were right about the Aus schools 2010 vid. It became a private video some time after that for some reason.

Found some footage of CFS, won't embed because they take up a fair bit of space.
I believe he was no 11 for the first vid and no 14 for the rest. Skip to 2.52 in the aru schools champ vid which is the last link, some decent highlights of him in that one. No 11 in the QLD and AUS vids is Kimami Sitauti. According to a decent source CFS doesn't want to play league and I have a feeling that a reds academy contract has been on the table since 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W3gG4d3NVk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7--nbm-tys&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyzogBSHXoA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf5CkQLYEHw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpdj1IQzICI&feature=related

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Welcome to the Chris F'Sautia club established on this forum in 2009 and no doubt by others when he was 14 and younger.

Enjoy.

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
Chris F'Sautia has been injured and therefore has not been picked for the Qld trials however I believe he will be picked for both QLD and Aust based on his impressive track record. The selectors will have long memories of this very talented player.

Lee - hard not to be a fan once you have seen this kid play

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
does anyone know how they pick the combined states team?

I assume they will use the same scenario as they did in 2010.

Last year they chose the Combined States team after the teams from ACT, WA, and Victoria, plus the 4 teams from Qld and NSW were picked for the National Champioships, and also after the Div II Championships which are held in Melbourne. This tournament ends on 29 June 2011, incidentally the same day as the last NSW trial. I suspect that the Combined States side is picked the next day after getting the info about who is in the other 7 teams, though some they would have known for a while.

Incidentally, the teams in the Div II Championships are:
- Lloyd McDermott (Indigenous)
- Victorian Schools IIs
- NT
- South Aust.
- West. Aus. IIs
- Victorian Presidents XV

I dare say the Presidents XV would cater for the odd lad from Tassie as well as others who missed out in close calls.

The selectors of the Combined States team can choose anybody from the Div II tournament or any lad who missed out on selection in any of the other 7 teams in the National Championships Last year they picked two players from the Indigeneous team but all the others were NSW or Qld players who missed out on selection in their state sides.

O

OppO

Can't quite understand all the Baldwin love in this thread... Gordon Broome and Jack Walters both better players than Baldwin. Broome has a number of rep higher level experience over Baldwin.

B

baldingwingforward

Can't quite understand all the Baldwin love in this thread... Gordon Broome and Jack Walters both better players than Baldwin. Broome has a number of rep higher level experience over Baldwin.

It was only Blindside dishing out the Baldwin love... and he seems to have gone a bit quiet now that New have been shown to be no where near as good as he thought they were by both Scots and View.

He also suggested Ezra as a candidate for Oz schools prop. After seeing him get destroyed by View i bloody hope he's not a candidate!

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Does anyone know of any talented youngsters who are good enough for Aus Schools from outside NSW/QLD?

O

OppO

It was only Blindside dishing out the Baldwin love... and he seems to have gone a bit quiet now that New have been shown to be no where near as good as he thought they were by both Scots and View.

He also suggested Ezra as a candidate for Oz schools prop. After seeing him get destroyed by View i bloody hope he's not a candidate!

Cant agree with you more!

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm not going to tip many Qld GPS boys to make Aus Schools this year, the selections seem abit weaker than previous years and other than the Browning's and Sautia's of Qld I don't think many other boys are up for contention..

You may remember Grant Davies from Aus Schools A last year, number 10. Was selected on the bench for GPS 2 this year and looks a little out of touch, as do a few other previous representative players including Joseph Swann and Ben Meehan.

My only real solid considerations are the following
1. Pettowa Peraka - TSS- Qld 1 2010
2. Maile Nguamo - IGS - Aus Schools 2010
2. Campbell Wakely - TSS
4. Curtis Browning - BSHS
6. Conor Mitchell - ACGS
7. Kristian Satui - NC
13. Chris F'Sautia - BSHS
15. Stephen Hunt - NC

very little on the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.