• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Newbie did try to claim him for Wales on the last page.

Strange for an Irishman, but perhaps he is basing that claim on having him in the Next B&I Lions tour.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm not saying this applies to Harry Jones, but family law can restrict the travel of a young person under 18.

The lawyers on site could probably expand on such a situation.

Remember, I'm not saying this applies to Harry Jones.

I find it a mystery, why this high talented footballer has missed out on two overseas tours but selected when playing at home.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'll have to disagree on the point of Hutchison's defence. Contrary to your belief of defending at wing being an art, I believe it all comes down to the decisions of the outside centre. The 13 needs to make the correct decision and the winger must react to this. But against the Kiwis the 13 decisions were wrong, which made it easy to blame the winger.
I think if you re-read the parts of my post you don't quote you'll realise were are in furious agreement.
As for HH my worry about him was that several times he came off his wing and into mid field leaving no cover for almost half the width of the field. While we agree on the role of the 13, and HH's intentions were entirely honorable ( ie he was looking to shut down stuff) you can't leave that much real estate unmarked.

blackheart

Peter Burge (5)
Joshua Anderson Oakhill College
Lachlan Cannell Newington College
Andrew Deegan St Joseph’s College
Junior Fakaosilea St Patrick’s College
Vunipola Fifita Newington College
Evander Guttenbeil The Southport School
Ned Hanigan St Joseph’s College
Adrian Henley Trinity Anglican School
Henry Hutchison St Ignatius’ College
Maclean Jones St Joseph’s Nudgee College
Andrew Kellaway The Scots College
Doug Macmillan Anglican Church Grammar
Alex Mafi St Joseph’s Nudgee College
Campbell Magnay St Joseph’s Nudgee College
Jack McCalman The Kings School
Connal McInerney Erindale College
Taane Milne Newington College
Tepai Moeroa Newington College
Keith Morgan St Edmund's College
David Morris Newington College
Fereti Saaga Thornbury High
Matthew Sandell St Joseph’s College
Faaope Satui Trinity Grammar School
Mitchell Short The Scot's College
Moses Sorovi St Peter’s Lutheran College
Siuta Tai Marist College Canberra
Mitch Third The Southport School
James Todd Ipswich Grammar School
James Tuttle St Joseph’s Nudgee College
Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco Endeavour Sports High School

as this is an alphabetical list, can someone please add what positions the boys cover, as there are a lot of players here I do not know

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'll give it a go:

Prop

Hooker

Second Row

Back Row
Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco Endeavour Sports High School (#8)
Junior Fakaosilea St Patrick’s College (#8)
Siuta Tai Marist College Canberra (#8)

Halfback

Five Eighth
James Tuttle St Joseph’s Nudgee College (and halfback)

Centres
Taane Milne Newington College ( and wing)

Wing
Henry Hutchison St Ignatius’ College (and Centre)

Fullback

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
I think if you re-read the parts of my post you don't quote you'll realise were are in furious agreement.
As for HH my worry about him was that several times he came off his wing and into mid field leaving no cover for almost half the width of the field. While we agree on the role of the 13, and HH's intentions were entirely honorable ( ie he was looking to shut down stuff) you can't leave that much real estate unmarked.
100% Agree !

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It looks like the NZ vs Aust Schoolboys match might be shown on Foxtel Fox Sports 2 on 19 October at 11am for 60 minutes highlights.

Although the foxtel guide says "Year of Production" is 2010.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Match Schedule
22 Nov v Wales A - Neath RFC
27 Nov v Wales - Neath RFC
1 Dec v Ospreys - venue tbc
4 Dec v England - Harrow School
8 Dec v Scotland - Edinburgh
11 Dec v Leinster Schools - Dublin
14 Dec v Ireland - Belfast
17 Dec v Munster Schools - Limerick

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@39:59 - that is Sean Maloney in the Grandstand in the Black Suit with the white shirt. Funny "Commentary box".:)

Thanks for the link @David Connors.

Helps to put some of the comments made on these this thread into perspective.

Oldpig

Stan Wickham (3)
Its seems Harry Jones was spotted at school yesterday, day 1 of the HSC on crutches. Perhaps this is the reason he is not touring. If so, then a disappointing way to end the season but these things happen. I for one really enjoyed watching him & Tyson Davies play this yr in the CAS championship. Good luck to all the boys touring and to those that didn't make it, for what ever the reason.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I'll give it a go:

Prop

Hooker

Second Row

Back Row
Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco Endeavour Sports High School (#8)
Junior Fakaosilea St Patrick’s College (#8)
Siuta Tai Marist College Canberra (#8)

Halfback

Five Eighth
James Tuttle St Joseph’s Nudgee College (and halfback)

Centres
Taane Milne Newington College ( and wing)

Wing
Henry Hutchison St Ignatius’ College (and Centre)

Fullback

Have shadow players been named to cover late injuries/ unavailabilities?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I believe that the shadow squad has been named but not publicly released.

You could assume that the bulk of the shadow squad will be the Aust A boys not already named in the tour squad.

The Great Bagsby

Bob McCowan (2)
With the Australian Schoolboys team well into preparations for the UK tour, once again we see the clashing of other codes and sports hampering the boys. I've been told Andrew Deegan has accepted the offer to attend the AIS talented cyclists camp this week in Forster and may not be travelling to the UK, as the camp continues through till the 20th of November and team management must make a call on whether he will be allowed to travel by himself and meet the rest of the squad or cut him from the squad and bring in another flyhalf.

I say its time our game took a tough stance against players going to other codes! Bring in another flyhalf who is committed to the game. With all the rumours circling of Deegan moving to the Wests Tigers and now Cycling one questions his commitment to the game.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
With the Australian Schoolboys team well into preparations for the UK tour, once again we see the clashing of other codes and sports hampering the boys. I've been told Andrew Deegan has accepted the offer to attend the AIS talented cyclists camp this week in Forster and may not be travelling to the UK, as the camp continues through till the 20th of November and team management must make a call on whether he will be allowed to travel by himself and meet the rest of the squad or cut him from the squad and bring in another flyhalf.

I say its time our game took a tough stance against players going to other codes! Bring in another flyhalf who is committed to the game. With all the rumours circling of Deegan moving to the Wests Tigers and now Cycling one questions his commitment to the game.
Gee Bagger...
I don't usually pay attention to someone as fresh as you in the mire, but I have noticed that you have, for some strange reason, taken a dislike against a particular player.
The rules of the forum are PLAY THE BALL, NOT THE MAN. If you honestly have a problem with the lad, that may have taken yours, your sons , whatever's position. Take it to him. Not all of us having to listen to your mindless bleating.

Yes the kid can ride a bicycle.
No, he is not going to West Tigers.
He has committed to a Rugby Club in Sydney, where he will be playing with some of his old 1st XV mates.
As far as the Northern tour goes, why don't you just give him a call and ask what day he is leaving? I know. Half the forum, except you, know when he is leaving. Stop trying... Its not working. If you need his or his parents numbers to ask just contact the school, ask for Tice or AJ, indentify yourself to them and they will tell you, probably not what you want to hear.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Gee Bagger.
I don't usually pay attention to someone as fresh as you in the mire, but I have noticed that you have, for some strange reason, taken a dislike against a particular player.
The rules of the forum are PLAY THE BALL, NOT THE MAN. If you honestly have a problem with the lad, that may have taken yours, your sons , whatever's position. Take it to him. Not all of us having to listen to your mindless bleating.

Yes the kid can ride a bicycle.
No, he is not going to West Tigers.
He has committed to a Rugby Club in Sydney, where he will be playing with some of his old 1st XV mates.
As far as the Northern tour goes, why don't you just give him a call and ask what day he is leaving? I know. Half the forum, except you, know when he is leaving. Stop trying. Its not working. If you need his or his parents numbers to ask just contact the school, ask for Tice or AJ, indentify yourself to them and they will tell you, probably not what you want to hear.
You may know a little more than I , but I have heard that his future in Rugby is not as secure as you suggest ?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Came across this, were you just sussing out if Deegan was signed. Doesn't sound as if anyone knows.

http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19444
Is there an innocent explanation as to why you were reading the wests tigers forum?
Well spotted, nonetheless.
What is bagsby's motivation? I had assumed he was related to a player who missed out to Deegan.
I was always told that cycling destroyed speed. Evidently just another old wives tale from which my career suffered.

Status
Not open for further replies.