• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The interest in Deegan's future from Bagsby, and the lengths they appear to be going to to "get the message across", seems to be a little beyond the idle curious.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
You may know a little more than I , but I have heard that his future in Rugby is not as secure as you suggest ?
Well, one can only go on the info he has been told, texted and confirmed by his parents and one of their very close friends whose son will be playing with him in the Northern Hemisphere and the same club next year. Also confirmed from one of the dads who was in SJC with him in both Cricket and Rugby, so I tend to take his word too.
Its only because of this that I think that the Bagger might be a bit of a bunny boiler.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Well, one can only go on the info he has been told, texted and confirmed by his parents and one of their very close friends whose son will be playing with him in the Northern Hemisphere and the same club next year. Also confirmed from one of the dads who was in SJC with him in both Cricket and Rugby, so I tend to take his word too.
Its only because of this that I think that the Bagger might be a bit of a bunny boiler.
Yes I agree with your reasoning.What can be confusing however is when one hears conflicting views from what I would consider to be similarly reliable sources.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

I think one of the Andrew's referred to here in the Randwick Article is Andrew Deegan, the subject of some speculation above.
I think the listed boys of Mitch, Andrew, Andrew, Vunipola and Ned are = Mitchell Short (Scots), Andrew Deegan (Joeys), Andrew Kellaway (Scots), Vunipola Fafita (New - I thought he was only Yr 11 with another year to go at NEW), and Ned Hanigan (Joeys).

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
To clarify my post above, the speculation from my information is not whether he would tour the U.K. or sign to play with a Rugby club next year , but rather whether he considers Rugby to be his principal sport for the future.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
aussc.png

Can anyone tell me what the go is with that circle on the front of the Aus school boys team?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I would say that the mungo scouts and player agents would have approached a number of the Schoolboys (state and National level) to sound them out about playing <insert carmakers name> cup. There were enough of them at the Schoolboys games.

Same with the rugby scouts attending various Mungo rep games. Should be no surprises that this is happening - both mobs just doing their jobs.

H. Jones in Gold Sevens. Hmm could work well.

Rugby Mentor Greg

Stan Wickham (3)
I'll give it a go:

Prop
Vunipola Fifita Newington College
Evander Guttenbeil The Southport School
Fereti Saaga Thornbury High
Matthew Sandell St Joseph’s College
Faaope Satui Trinity Grammar School

Hooker
Connal McInerney Erindale College
Alex Mafi St Joseph’s Nudgee College

Second Row
Joshua Anderson Oakhill College
Ned Hanigan St Joseph’s College
Maclean Jones St Joseph’s Nudgee College

Back Row
David Morris Newington College
Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco Endeavour Sports High School (#8)
Jack McCalman The Kings School
Doug Macmillan Anglican Church Grammar
Junior Fakaosilea St Patrick’s College (#8)
Lachlan Cannell Newington College
Siuta Tai Marist College Canberra (#8)

Halfback
Mitchell Short The Scot's College
Moses Sorovi St Peter’s Lutheran College

Five Eighth
Mitch Third The Southport School
James Tuttle St Joseph’s Nudgee College (and halfback)
Andrew Deegan St Joseph’s College

Centres
Taane Milne Newington College ( and wing)
Tepai Moeroa Newington College
Keith Morgan St Edmund's College
Campbell Magnay St Joseph’s Nudgee College

Wing
Adrian Henley Trinity Anglican School
Henry Hutchison St Ignatius’ College (and Centre)

Fullback
Andrew Kellaway The Scots College
James Todd Ipswich Grammar School
Agree with this list, particularly Alex mafi and big Campbell magnay

Status
Not open for further replies.