• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Runpasstackle

If you base selections on winning teams then why were only 6 ISA picked over 11 CAS players selected for NSW when ISA beat CAS at trials? The fact is great teams don't necessarily have all the best athletes in them, they can be coached well to win but not necessarily have anything more in the tank development wise. The key is to throw a wide net and capture many players in terms of offering opportunities.

Just enjoy the selection of seven of your guys. At least coach won't have to introduce himself. 7th place. Hmmmm

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Suggesting the days of AAGPS dominance are fading on the strength of those selections is as likely as Caligula calling stumps when one of his orgies ran out of fresh horses. ;-)))

Agree - how can their be a final, where its AAGPS dominated and hardly any of them are selected comparatively. I don't care if NSW 1's played badly, they still came 2nd... Far more convincing than QLD and ACT - it just so happens that the selectors were from those areas.. Coincidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Agree - how can their be a final, where its AAGPS dominated and hardly any of them are selected comparatively. I don't care if NSW 1's played badly, they still came 2nd. Far more convincing than QLD and ACT - it just so happens that the selectors were from those areas.. Coincidence?

The stats are revealing.
In Aust schoolboys there are more selected from teams finishing 6th & 7th (Qld I with 8 & ACT with 5) than the teams finishing 1st thru to 5th combined (NSW II with only 3, NSW I with 5, CS with 1, Vic with 2 & Qld II with 1).

On this basis WA should feel hard done by.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
The stats are revealing.
In Aust schoolboys there are more selected from teams finishing 6th & 7th (Qld I with 8 & ACT with 5) than the teams finishing 1st thru to 5th combined (NSW II with only 3, NSW I with 5, CS with 1, Vic with 2 & Qld II with 1).

Why even play the tournament???

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
It was good footy to watch, I caught three days, and the boys seemed to have had a lot of fun and friendship.

Obviously that's good. But I don't think it's called the "friendship championships". It's intentions are to pick a successful and well deserved team to play NZ, in the long term goal of developing Australian Rugby union. These intensions are completely undermined by the selections, as it does not easily reflect the footy that was played - why not just play some soccer and then pick the teams from that

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
The stats are revealing.

On this basis WA should feel hard done by.
GOIII, who got selected from CS? What position

Status
Not open for further replies.