• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wow thanks - they are great photos for a rainy overcast day. I may put a couple in the blog for the Badger.

bringbackthebiff

Bob McCowan (2)
Is the Aus v NZ game being televised on Fox Sports? I am having a look through the TV guide for Saturday but cannot find the game anywhere. Can someone confirm whether it is being televised

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Clarkie should know I suppose and the ASRU said it was on.

I looked last night in the TV guide on the TV and also on the Foxtel website, but it wasn't listed.

Maybe what they have listed was the original guide which is to be changed, but they are taking their own sweet time doing it aren't they?

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not a knock on Doueihi but genuinely surprised Lucas isn't starting at 10
I think they are are working on combinations, and have tried a few different things with the halves. Each of these boys is very talented and deserving of a start. I am thinking Luke Osborne may get some time at 10 tomorrow as he did last match

The selectors had lots to wrestle with and the 9 and 10 were probably the hardest. Some boys will miss out on gametime tomorrow and could consider themselves unluckly,

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think Armstrong very unlucky as obviously played the house down vs Samoa. But so many good players and all the backs have played well. I do like the midfield and outside backs. Good to see the 3 Joeys boys in the starting lineup.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Agree re JA talent, but if not big enough and needing age, why pick him? Very tough to say to a schoolboy - hey you were good enough to be selected and had a blinder v Samoa, but now we're in NZ we've just noticed you're not as big as some and decided you need to grow before getting on the team sheet.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I was stunned to see McReight wasn't starting.

The guy pinched 25 pilfers at a rate of 3.25 per game, carrying 12 times per game and making 11 tackles per game at 90% accuracy in the GPS season.

What more could you want in an open side flanker?

This Gersekowski must be a monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I was going to write the preverbal sarcastic post. Like, good to see so much QLD talent making the starting team.

Status
Not open for further replies.