• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mal

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not pretty at times but a real arm wrestle. First Q1 win over N1 since final in 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meat1head

Peter Burge (5)
At the end of the day there were too many errors from NSW that really hurt them

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
3/3... wake me up when they keep the ball in hand and stop aimless kicking

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Qld locks were very good and N1 throwing to lineout not as good as it was earlier in the week. This Redultes in N1 losing half a dozen on their throw in. Q1defence was fast and strong, and too often N1 were caught flat footed and failed to get over the gain line. When N1 went wide quickly they looked dangerous, with Lloyd in particular showing some serious wheels. Unfortunately the backline moves broke down regularly, not helped by positional changes throughout. Surely when you only have a few games together you want to try and build some continuity and familiarity amongst the team? I can't see how the constant shuffling of key players achieves that. Anyway, Q1 deserved the win and if anything, the score probably flattered N1 somewhat.

Best for Q1 were 4,5 and 10. For N1, Rorke, Reimer and Lloyd. Good luck to all players with selection this afternoon.

kevtamara2000

Frank Row (1)
I agree. I thought the Vic #9 was decent too. Not Aus Schools standard, but maybe Baabaas.

I think the only one that was Aus Schools standard was Saagaa, but I think Tui has been injured.

As an aside, anyone know the scores from the Vic/WA game?
Score was 48-17 to WA

Status
Not open for further replies.