• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Super Rugby Team of the Week 2023

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Ok with the first game of the round about to kick off, here's the team of the week for Rnd 4.

1 James Slipper (BRU) - 1st selection
2 Tom Horton (FOR) - 1
3 Rhys Van Nek (BRU) - 4
4 Nick Frost (BRU) - 4
5 Cadyrn Neville (BRU) - 1
6 Liam Wright (RED) - 1
7 Brad Wilkin (REB) - 1
8 Langi Gleeson (WAR) - 3
9 Ryan Lonergan (BRU) - 3
10 Carter Gordon (REB) - 4
11 Filipo Daugunu (RED) - 2
12 Hamish Stewart (FOR) - 3
13 Josh Flook (RED) - 2
14 Corey Toole (BRU) - 2
15 Tom Wright (BRU) - 3
it's a shame 'talent finder' is no longer about to tell us how Van Nek is too short to play the level above club rugby.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
it's a shame 'talent finder' is no longer about to tell us how Van Nek is too short to play the level above club rugby.
Or the GIF King doesn’t post something with a dwarf… or should I say vertically challenged person!

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
For those looking for a resource to check the eligibility of players for TotW, I have put a list together here:

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
ROUND 5

1. Gibbon (Rebels)
2. Mafi (Rebels)
3. Talakai (Rebels)
4. Hosea (Rebels)
5. Neville (Brumbies)
6. Kemeny (Rebels)
7. Wilkin (Rebels)
8. W.Harris (Waratahs)
9. R. Lonergan (Brumbies) McDermott close
10. C. Gordon (Rebels)
11. Toole (Brumbies)
12. Henry (Reds)
13. Flook (Reds)
14. Petaia (Reds)
15. Pincus (Rebels)

Ekuasi #8 was outstanding and outplayed Wilson with ease. A few ineligible players would have displaced selections above.
JOC (James O'Connor) would have got my vote if they won and he got 100% goal conversions. Carter a more complete 10.
Good to see Tate with more enthusiasm.
Sorry Force.

Last edited:

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
ROUND 5

1. Gibbon (Rebels)
2. Mafi (Rebels)
3. Talakai (Rebels)
4. Horsea (Rebels)
5. Neville (Brumbies)
6. Kemeny (Rebels)
7. Wilkin (Rebels)
8. W.Harris (Waratahs)
9. R. Lonergan (Brumbies) McDermott close
10. C. Gordon (Rebels)
11. M.Ioane (Rebels)
12. Feliuai (Rebels)
13. Flook (Reds)
14. Petaia (Reds)
15. Pincus (Rebels)

Ekuasi #8 was outstanding and outplayed Wilson with ease. A few ineligible players would have displaced selections above.
JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) would have got my vote if they won and he got 100% goal conversions. Carter a more complete 10.
Good to see Tate with more enthusiasm.
Sorry Force.
1679810187200.png

Also Monty Ioane is ineligible

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
1. Gibbon
2. Lonergan
3 HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4 Smith
5. Neville
6. Wright
7. Wilkin
8. Harris
9. Lonergan
10. Gordon
11. Toole
12. Henry
13. Flook
14. Petaia
15. Pincus

Last edited:

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Is David Feliuai eligible?
Hard to say, born in NZ but grew up in Brisbane. Spent time in Fiji on his mission and in Romania playing rugby since, but he's probably close to the 10 years cumulative. All depends on when he arrived in Brisbane originally I think. By my count he's spent about 5 years outside of Australia since he first arrived, so if he got here before 2008 he's good to go.

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hard to say, born in NZ but grew up in Brisbane. Spent time in Fiji on his mission and in Romania playing rugby since, but he's probably close to the 10 years cumulative. All depends on when he arrived in Brisbane originally I think. By my count he's spent about 5 years outside of Australia since he first arrived, so if he got here before 2008 he's good to go.
I have changed my selection.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
1. Wagner (FOR)
2. Fainga'a (FOR)
3. Johnson-Holmes (WAR)
4. Smith (RED)
5. Neville (BRU)
6. Kemeny (REB)
7. Scott (BRU)
8. Wilson (RED)
9. Gordon (WAR)
10. Gordon (REB)
11. Daugunu (RED)
12. Henry (RED)
13. Flook (RED)
14. Petaia (RED)
15. Pincus (REB)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
For those looking for a resource to check the eligibility of players for TotW, I have put a list together here:
Well done on that, it's a mountain of work.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well done on that, it's a mountain of work.
Thanks, it ended up being much less than I expected, partially because there has been a player or two to work out each week this year already. Thankfully it all doesn't move too much week to week so it shouldn't be too hard to maintain. The next step is getting all the Australian eligible players overseas on to it.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Also depends if he became a citizen

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Also depends if he became a citizen
I don't think so, citizenship is largely irrelevant for world rugby's regulation 8 (the one that governs eligibility rules):
... Citizenship of a country and/or whether a Player holds a passport of a particular country are not, of themselves, determinative in identifying which Union a Player is eligible to represent. This will be determined solely in accordance with World Rugby’s eligibility criteria.

The only place it plays a role is via olympic pathways but I believe that only effects the olympic events and direct qualifiers, so it's not really relevant here.