• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia's S14 Captain of the Season

Aussie Super 14 Captain of the Season

• Stephen Hoiles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phil Waugh

• Nathan Sharpe

• Will Genia

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
waratahjesus said:
Scotty said:
I'm not. I'm just trying to point out that Waugh doesn't necessarily determine all those little things that happen, that ensured the NSW won the game. He may have had more influence on the game that most other players, but that doesn't make him primarily responsible for the win.

But I understand that actually reading my post correctly doesn't really concern you, as you are just looking to have a dig at Qld at every opportunity.

thats not true, ive just grown more and more tired as the season went on that every thread has turned into a reds lovathon when they have lost to both the brumbies and tahs and have finished equal on wins with the brumbies, the tahs have been the better team but alot of people seem to think the reds improvement (and dont get me wrong its been fantastic and ive enjoyed watching them and there success) means that every player is better in there given position than every other australian player. that is just crap, plain and simple, and its getting tiring every time a post comes up hearing a reds fan go on and on about how great there team is when there only great compared to the last five years or so of shitedom. if your comparing this reds team to last years reds team than every player is better but to critcise other teams and say the reds style is the way to play when they havnt made the finals and have at times cracked under the pressure, losing two home games and blowing a win over the tahs makes your fandom seem more contrived than mine.

i voted for sharpe in this thread, i will again, he is an actual leader, not a flavour of the month.

scotty just got owned.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
there, their and they're - sound the same, but mean different things.

There are some Reds supporters over there. They're very happy that their team has improved so much this season.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
waratahjesus said:
Scotty said:
I'm not. I'm just trying to point out that Waugh doesn't necessarily determine all those little things that happen, that ensured the NSW won the game. He may have had more influence on the game that most other players, but that doesn't make him primarily responsible for the win.

But I understand that actually reading my post correctly doesn't really concern you, as you are just looking to have a dig at Qld at every opportunity.

thats not true, ive just grown more and more tired as the season went on that every thread has turned into a reds lovathon when they have lost to both the brumbies and tahs and have finished equal on wins with the brumbies, the tahs have been the better team but alot of people seem to think the reds improvement (and dont get me wrong its been fantastic and ive enjoyed watching them and there success) means that every player is better in there given position than every other australian player. that is just crap, plain and simple, and its getting tiring every time a post comes up hearing a reds fan go on and on about how great there team is when there only great compared to the last five years or so of shitedom. if your comparing this reds team to last years reds team than every player is better but to critcise other teams and say the reds style is the way to play when they havnt made the finals and have at times cracked under the pressure, losing two home games and blowing a win over the tahs makes your fandom seem more contrived than mine.

i voted for sharpe in this thread, i will again, he is an actual leader, not a flavour of the month.

I also voted for Sharpe, if you'd care to read the whole thread.

I have also stated that the finishing positions in the S14 ladder was indicative of the performances of those teams ie Tahs>Reds.

I have also made a point previously that:
Tahs Forwards > Reds Forwards, Reds Backs > Tahs Backs which all equates to the Tahs > Reds

So I don't take kindly to a one eyed, Qld hating Tahs supporter having a crack at my post and equating it to a Reds 'lovathon'. And if you are going to deny being a Qld hater, I will dig up some posts you made before and after the opening game of the season, prior to you 'growing more and more tired as the season went on'.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Langthorne said:

There are some Reds supporters over there. They're very happy that their team has improved so much this season.

Thank you. That had to be written.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I vote Sharpe as best captain, he'll make sure the Western Force come back next year. And let's face it - Genia was basically nutured through the season by Horwill and Humphries.

Sagerian

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've worked backwards with my list as it's the only way I can do it.

Holies is at the bottom of the list, not just the Walsh incident but he seems to get offside with the refs more often than not. Sharpe goes next. Sure, he's done well coping with injuries, etc. But they're in the same spot they're in most years. Genia and anyone else in the Reds leadership group would be second. It's a rag-tag team of oldies and inexperience and they made it work. Which leaves Waugh at the top, cos I'm bias and nothing is as bad as dealing with the Sydney press. The pressure of captaining the Tahs is a big one and he's lead the team to the semis.

So....

Waugh
Genia
Sharpe
Hoiles

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Biffo said:
Langthorne said:

Damn straight it did. Close to post of the year.

Anyone want to do one on the correct use of apostrophes?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ash said:
Biffo said:
Langthorne said:

Damn straight it did. Close to post of the year.

Anyone want to do one on the correct us'e of apo'strophe's'?

You mean my amendment might not be correct?

Get HOLIES to do it.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Scotty said:
waratahjesus said:
Scotty said:

I also voted for Sharpe, if you'd care to read the whole thread.

I have also stated that the finishing positions in the S14 ladder was indicative of the performances of those teams ie Tahs>Reds.

I have also made a point previously that:
Tahs Forwards > Reds Forwards, Reds Backs > Tahs Backs which all equates to the Tahs > Reds

So I don't take kindly to a one eyed, Qld hating Tahs supporter having a crack at my post and equating it to a Reds 'lovathon'. And if you are going to deny being a Qld hater, I will dig up some posts you made before and after the opening game of the season, prior to you 'growing more and more tired as the season went on'.

yep, cos the opening game of the season was the tahs v the reds, a game that the tahs won and queenslanders banged on about for weeks and weeks as if there effort was somehow some sort of moral championship of the world.

ive plyed rugby with a couple of people that play for queensland, i have friends who follow them week in and week out and i will get up to watch south african games involving the reds because of this. I enjoy chatting about there team as they do mine.

i will happily dig up posts going back to when i was positive about about mckensie taking over and the negative rants queenslanders went on about his negative style, most people could do it about anything, my queensland hate comes from the fact i support new south wales, your NSW hate seems to come from not understanding that in order for the reds to do better there basing there entire opporation on how the tahs work and play.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Why don't you show me where I've displayed hate towards NSW before starting to throw the mud?

i will happily dig up posts going back to when i was positive about about mckensie taking over and the negative rants queenslanders went on about his negative style, most people could do it about anything, my queensland hate comes from the fact i support new south wales, your NSW hate seems to come from not understanding that in order for the reds to do better there basing there entire opporation on how the tahs work and play

Even though it hurts to read that, I think I know what you are trying to say. You might note that in my post that you replied to I have a pretty good idea why NSW are better than Qld. That is because their forwards are better.

There is very little I dislike more than trying to have a conversation or discussion with someone that doesn't bother listening or reading what the other person is saying. This appears to be what you do so that you can stay in your own little world, blissfully ignorant of opinions of all others.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I had given up already. I only got to 3 attempts anyway, and didn't see any spark being ignited. ::)

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Langthorne said:

:lmao: Excellent work!

As to the thread topic, I would go with Phil Waugh as being the best captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.