• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barbarians vs South Africa, Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We're not supposed to talk about torrents. Legal streaming and downloads are OK. Torrent talk is discouraged.

See Rule 9.

9. No mention or discussion of torrents or illegal streaming on the main boards. We happen to have a tentative relationship with the ARU and by extension the licensed broadcasters, and want to keep it going for as long as we can.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Jantjies looked sooo out of depth.
Out of his depth? Maybe his place kicking wasnt that well and understandable his first outung in a Bok jersey, Lampie had the same problem against Ierland. Other then that I thought he at least look like a 10, willing to dirt his pants on defense and show a bit of his ball skill. Give him a year in S15 rugby and we'll talk again.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Out of his depth? Maybe his place kicking wasnt that well and understandable his first outung in a Bok jersey, Lampie had the same problem against Ierland. Other then that I thought he at least look like a 10, willing to dirt his pants on defense and show a bit of his ball skill. Give him a year in S15 rugby and we'll talk again.

I've seen Quade Cooper dirt his pants on defence. ;)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I've seen Quade Cooper dirt his pants on defence. ;)
Ja wanted to qouted his name but thought to leave that for the Aussies. :nta: Jantjies is still very young in SA terms. Pretty sure I saw him getting or try getting under a fatty in the Geldenhuys try.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Definitely not bad, nothing spectacular but the Barbarians stole and won penalties of the SA line-out and scrum. Went off at HT for Mealamu which was probably always the plan. Then the Bok set-piece got better - no Moore so he was probably the key

If that's the case (and it may well be, like I said I didn't see the full match) then it looks like the "can't scrum" reputation is definitely settling back in for Aussie tight 5 judging by articles like this: http://www.rugby365.com/all_news/sa/news/2670482.htm

2 Stephen Moore:
His set pieces remain a concern and disappeared at times in the second half.
4/10

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Great research rugby 365.

Oh and btw George Gregan has announced his retirement if anyone didnt know

Status
Not open for further replies.