• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barbarians vs South Africa, Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
What time is the game? If its early enough i'll help search the web for one tonight, sometimes you only know which ones are working for sure at kick off.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I've not heard of any legal streams for this match, will keep an eye out
My eyes performed a saccade as they scanned over the last two posts, which at first glance appear to divagate well off the general thrust of discussion to date on this thread.

Notwithstanding, I to would be interested in seeing a live stream of this match, but only if it is not raining or snowing.

I have given up hope on foxtel.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Does anyone have faith in the Barbarians? They have a terrible pack and are led by an useless player in Matt Giteau. How will the back line (which is deadly) even function?

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
It all descended into a rabble after a deadly opening spell from the Baa Baas. If they had kept that up they'd have put on 50 points.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
My girlfriend who is in the UK went to the game. This is what she thought. Must keep in mind that it has taken me six years to get her interested in rugby and it has taken her to leave the country for it to happen.

Here are few of my impressions of the game

First half - Baa Baas 19 - 3
Australian contingent held up well and the entire Barbarian side played as a cohesive whole though the first 15 minutes were played quite dirty on both sides with some high tackles and sneaky punches.
Mitchell scored the first try, O'conner failed to convert though
Next 2 tries were scored and converted by O'Conner, one with an awesome chase of a long kick from half way (I think I have an inappropriate crush)
Springboks were rubbish - no defensive line period and they failed to catch any of their line outs - there only scoring came from a penalty goal.
As the South African girls behind me said
"Step 1 - catch the ball, Step 2 - hold on to it" - pretty much sums them up

Second half - 26 -20
The springboks played much better as a team with their first well deserved try coming from an amazing intercept by Bandise Maku. The Barbarians continued to play as a well practised team.

Man of the Match - Barbarian Anton Van Zyl - don't know who he was.

Overall a great game, one that I am glad that I made the effort to go to.

I may come up with more impressions later.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Great win by the Baa Baas and even better with the number of Aussies in the team. Mitchell caps off a great season with 2 tries, taking his total to 20, if you include Super 14, and International games.

H

Hodgy

if Aus could find themselves a hard running 12 who can pass (like Nonu) then you could have Giteau playing 10 quite happily. Thought Nonu and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) played well outside him.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm pretty happy with the 10-12-13 we have now, it seems to work fairly well now that Barnes has added the necessary organisation and defence.

Matty, second HJ's comments. You've got yourself a good woman there.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
MattyK - she's a keeper

Here's a thought - have we got the 3 best steppers in the world?

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Kurtley - JOC (James O'Connor) - Quade are up there

Others worth a mention are Richard Kingi, Sivivatu, Shane Williams, Toua, Aplon, Ollie Lindsay Hague, William Ryder and rupeni caucaunibuca.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
[video=youtube;lUK9gO6Tzbg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUK9gO6Tzbg&feature=sub[/video]

Here's the video that jay-c posted... but embedded.

Watch for Mitchel's try celebration at 3:18, priceless. Drew really did have a great international season after a slight stumble at the start,

Status
Not open for further replies.