• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barbarians vs South Africa, Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BODSER

As a NH/SH player, does anyone know why Rocky isn't named on the team? Injured or maybe had enough of poxy NH weather and gone home for some sunshine? He played a great 8 against the AB's last year.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Maybe instead Aplon, Ndungane, Jacobs, Strauss, Mvovo, Lambie, Hougaard with Jantjies and McLeod on the bench.

Bring Jantjies on at the half, and move Lambie to 12 or 15. And Aplon to Twin's wing at the same time if Lambie goes to 15.

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
Looks like a fair decent Baabaas team. Anyone know of it is being televised in Aus? Fox sports?

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
The home nations are all whinging about the lack of NH representation again.

As Hodgy has pointed out - no. We're not. We've the ML this weekend, and then the HEC back-to-backs the weekend after. We don't want our guys playing this. Frankly, you can do a bit better than lazy made-up trolls.

B

Burke's Boot

Looks like a fair decent Baabaas team. Anyone know of it is being televised in Aus? Fox sports?

I did a search on my iPhone Foxtel app and it looks like it isn't on any of their channels :( Bloody Craptel

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Maybe instead Aplon, Ndungane, Jacobs, Strauss, Mvovo, Lambie, Hougaard with Jantjies and McLeod on the bench.

Bring Jantjies on at the half, and move Lambie to 12 or 15. And Aplon to Twin's wing at the same time if Lambie goes to 15.
Kirschner out injured , Andries Strauss flied in, so you can expect to see Lampie in 15, Jantjies in 10, Strauss in 12. Strauss is a oustanding defender , so a good call.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Bok team , pretty much a Sharks XV and a lot of youngsters.

15-Patrick Lambie; 14-Odwa Ndungane, 13-Adi Jacobs, 12-Andries Strauss, 11-Lwazi Mvovo; 10-Elton Jantjies, 9-Francois Hougaard; 8-Ryan Kankowski, 7-Juan Smith (captain), 6-Willem Alberts, 5-Alistair Hargreaves, 4-Bakkies Botha, 3-CJ van der Linde, 2-Adriaan Strauss, 1-Coenie Oosthuizen.

Replacements: 16-Bandise Maku, 17-Tendai Mtawarira, 18-AN Other, 19-Flip van der Merwe, 20-Keegan Daniel, 21-Charl McLeod, 22-Gio Aplon.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The BaaBaas look good. A strong pack with some very attacking backs. Giteau and Nonu will be setting up Mitchell and Rococoko all day.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
As a NH/SH player, does anyone know why Rocky isn't named on the team? Injured or maybe had enough of poxy NH weather and gone home for some sunshine? He played a great 8 against the AB's last year.

I think part of Rocky's contract is he is no longer a NH/SH player.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Why do they fly in another prop with Beast already on the bench?

Why not centre cover?

T

Travi34

Australia's most hated player at flyhalf....

NZ's most hated his back up....

lets all hope for flyhalf killer blows from bakkies...

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It isn't a pack of superstars but they are fine. I was just saying the forwards should hold their own while the backs will run riot.

We'll see. The Baabaas rely on individual skills as opposed to structure. It all depends how well our guys defend the 10/12/13 channels. I am more worried about that than out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.