• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barbarians vs South Africa, Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Australia's most hated player at flyhalf....

NZ's most hated his back up....

lets all hope for flyhalf killer blows from bakkies...

I can see the script. Baabaas up by 15 with 20 to go. Donald get's a run and has one of his normal games :)

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Why do they fly in another prop with Beast already on the bench?

Why not centre cover?

You haven't seen the weather reports, have you?

Asking a Zimbo Guppy to go out in that? The poor bugger would be in the corner of the dressing room, weeping in shock. And let me be frank, I wouldn't bloody blame him. Forecasts of it getting down to minus 12 C tonight.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Had a great snow day today, one guy got out of his car because his window was open and we hit his head haha.

Oh yeah its pretty cold in Twickenham too

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
You haven't seen the weather reports, have you?

Asking a Zimbo Guppy to go out in that? The poor bugger would be in the corner of the dressing room, weeping in shock. And let me be frank, I wouldn't bloody blame him. Forecasts of it getting down to minus 12 C tonight.

We played the while tour with one prop on the bench in the same weather. Why now two?

H

Hodgy

mate, the weather is not the same as it has been in the last few weeks! Its fricking cold (about 10 degrees C at least colder than it has been) and snow everywhere.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
All I can say is the bloody Bokke better pull their finger out and win the game by 10 points, cause that's what I have in the lottery that is SuperBru tipping for the Autumn Series.

Looks like it will be a dour old day, possibly characterised by plenty of "up the guts" grunt from the forwards, with the backs dressed up like mummies in their gloves and skins.

On the other hand we may end up with the weather clearing like Paris last week and a magnificant spectacle being held.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Looks like a great Baa Baas team. With a strong Aussie flavour to the backline. I hope Giteau plays well.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No one else is concerned by the Barbarians pack? It's full of people that can barely make their provincial and national teams. I reckon they'll get steam rolled by the Boks, the backs are great but will get terrible ball. Looking to make some big money on South Africa twice in a row. :)

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
notice plenty of aussies in the backline... no surprises there... but one forward...
one forward
only one forward...
the ghosts of 03 and 07 will haunt us again in 2011...

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Can't help but feel a little bit of the Barbarians spirit has died of late. Seems to be too much effort to get the best players out there from the the 3N, a wililngness to take penalty shots and a the festival style game seems to have died.

To be fair to the barbars, professional rugby and the law interpretations haven't helped in recent years. Watching a BarBar team with no chance of winning makes it just pop-corn

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Can anyone tell me why the Bokke are listed at $4 to win and the BaaBaas at $1.25?
www.sportsbet.com.au/sports/event/SportID/6/CompetitionPID/10788/RoundPID/14727/EventID/1620291

Now my final superbru tip is all confused...

Those odds seem about right to me. The Baa Baas have a champion back division and good-enough, mobile pack. That's par for the Barbarians course. The Springboks are very much a B team, and the Barbarians have a great recent record against B teams. The weather in London, according to the Met Office, is cold and clear. If it holds then I expect the Barbarians to win in a canter, and maybe put on a score.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
To be fair to the barbars, professional rugby and the law interpretations haven't helped in recent years. Watching a BarBar team with no chance of winning makes it just pop-corn

No chance of winning? Gagger, I think you underrate the Barbarians. This year they lost to England 35-26 at Twickenham and beat Ireland 29-23 at Limerick. Last year they lost by just 25-18 to New Zealand at Twickenham. The last time they played the Saffas they won 22-5. Those results would not shame a first-tier international team.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Those odds seem about right to me. The Baa Baas have a champion back division and good-enough, mobile pack. That's par for the Barbarians course. The Springboks are very much a B team, and the Barbarians have a great recent record against B teams. The weather in London, according to the Met Office, is cold and clear. If it holds then I expect the Barbarians to win in a canter, and maybe put on a score.

I think you're right Groucho. The only way I can see my superbru tip of Saffers by 10 being right is if the Twickers sky opens up and throws down buckets loads of liquid sunshine. Tip was made too early before I had full knowledge of weather conditions and team lists.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Damn. I'm assuming there's no chance of there being a legal stream somewhere that we can discuss on here?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I've not heard of any legal streams for this match, will keep an eye out

Status
Not open for further replies.