• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1: 29 July @ MCG

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
@Braveheart81, I remember an argument we had a few weeks ago when you suggested that Petaia couldn’t be considered a potential 13- it turns out he’s the second string outside centre after all…

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Perese at times this season has looked a one trick pony (but a good trick) you know exactly what he is going to do, he will run hard and direct.

Some of the Super Rugby sides just lined him up and splattered him, his super power is that he will get up and just rinse and repeat

Gleeson is the same, he will get lined up and smashed, dust himself off and do it again

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
@Braveheart81, I remember an argument we had a few weeks ago when you suggested that Petaia couldn’t be considered a potential 13- it turns out he’s the second string outside centre after all…

Yep. I recall that discussion being around coverage on a 6:2 bench and was about why I thought Hodge would still likely figure in that situation.

Clearly Hodge is just about entirely out of the frame now after a terrible performance in South Africa.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

Wallabies team to play New Zealand at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne on Saturday 29 July, 7:55pm AEST

1. Angus Bell (21 Tests)

2. David Porecki (12 Tests)

3. Allan Ala'alatoa (acting captain) (66 Tests)

4. Nick Frost (10 Tests)

5. Will Skelton (26 Tests)

6. Jed Holloway (11 Tests)

7. Tom Hooper (1 Test)

8. Rob Valetini (32 Tests)

9. Tate McDermott (23 Tests)

10. Carter Gordon (2 Tests)

11. Marika Koroibete (53 Tests)

12. Samu Kerevi (43 Tests)

13. Jordan Petaia (25 Tests)

14. Mark Nawaqanitawase (4 Tests)

15. Andrew Kellaway (21 Tests)

Finishers

16. Jordan Uelese (17 Tests)

17. James Slipper (129 Tests)

18. Taniela Tupou (47 Tests)

19. Richie Arnold (2 Tests)

20. Rob Leota (14 Tests)

21. Nic White (61 Tests)

22. Quade Cooper (78 Tests)

23. Izaia Perese (3 Tests)
Wonderful to see three blokes from Victorian rugby in the team in Leota, Valetini and Uelese. It's a testament to the decade+ work in building pathways for young locals step up to the professional ranks, and one that the community and Rebels should be very pleased with.

Broadly speaking -- as a parochial Mexican -- wonderful to see such a solid former/current/future representation of Victorian rugby and the Rebels running out on Saturday, all of whom were either developed here or have contributed to the local scene. Totally one-eyed list for my own viewing enjoyment:

- Rob Valetini
- Carter Gordon
- Marika Koroibete
- Andrew Kellaway
- Jordan Uelese
- Taniela Tupou
- Rob Leota
- Quade Cooper

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
They can all do it with no pressure, but to get up with burning lungs, half dazed & battered for the last ruck, then in 30 seconds, clear your head and get you heart rate down and under control .................... it isn't easy
i wonder if they could get advice from the skiing biathletes who go from HRs over the 100s when on skis, to almost pulseless (!) when its time to shoot, serious question

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
i wonder if they could get advice from the skiing biathletes who go from HRs over the 100s when on skis, to almost pulseless (!) when its time to shoot, serious question
Or cricket batsman, they have the same issue without the head knocks

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I don't mind that side and the pack certainly is massive. The breakdown is going to be interesting, because the Kiwis have gone the opposite way in terms of picking athleticism over size. The backs are exciting though.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I find Eddie's focus on size interesting given his comments around wanting to play "the Australian way" - we've never been a physically bullying team.