• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
F$%K Me.......we have a part-time half back and our Fly half has gone AWOL. Phipps and Foley are sucking hard tonight. Phipps is running around with a load in the back of his pants - sero composure and Foley may as well be sitting on the sideline - zero organization from him. Sorry chaps but we are missing QC (Quade Cooper)'s management out there.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Are you guys serious. Phipps shat his pants and threw a wild pass that landed at the feet of a lock. What did you expect?

I don't blame him for that but he's not up to the pace of the game. If he was fitter the ball probably goes to his chest

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I don't know if it is by design, but our defence looks like it is constantly scrambling yet still holding the opposition out from their try line.

Has been surprisingly effective though.

The Wallabies really need to convert those half chances (i.e. the 5m lineout where Moore was forced into touch, the Folau break, the 5m scrum etc.) in order to win it from here.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think we're ok. Lack of composure and a line that's a bit flatter and we will take this.

Phipps needs to be a bit more decisive and we need some tight runners going up the guts to take the pressure of Foley and get the backline moving forward first. Looking forward to the final quarter and running home with a head of steam.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
We're not exactly playing well, but we probably should have scored two tries (why Pocock? you just had to pass) and only being down 3-6 isn't too bad against the ABs

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Some dreadful mistakes let the All Blacks into this. I haven't seen us defend, run the ball, and hit the breakdown with intent to make them hurt in such a long time. If we pull communication together, and if Foley puts his footy head on, we'll be dangerous.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In the forwards our props and backrow are playing well.........

Need more effective cleanouts from our tight forwards though.........

Horwill/Mumm are not doing a great job of running the lineout........

Our halves have been woeful, and we need more direct running from the midfield...........

Kuridrani has also missed a few tackles.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
The frustrating thin is that the AB's are on the rack for the taking tonight. They are off their game tonight but they rarely are two games in row. If we can't take em down tonight we won't next week.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Definitely a rubbish pass........ there were about 2-3 other forwards around where Mumm was so let's not blame it on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.