• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
that shit's not allowed here. Off you go.

It may be a coincidence but when I saw those multiple, identical posts I used the "Report" button & within 15 min they were all gone. It's happened before with dodgy-looking stuff I've reported so one way or another there's someone doing their best to keep spammers, scammers & scalpers off the site.

All good to have a crack at the people putting dodgy shit up but we should also be helping the mods or whoever out by reporting the dodgy shit.

Kiwi TAB offering $4 for AB by 8-14 so even tho it's at the top end of my 5-11 gut feeling I've asked father-in-law to stick $50 on it.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It may be a coincidence but when I saw those multiple, identical posts I used the "Report" button & within 15 min they were all gone. It's happened before with dodgy-looking stuff I've reported so one way or another there's someone doing their best to keep spammers, scammers & scalpers off the site.

All good to have a crack at the people putting dodgy shit up but we should also be helping the mods or whoever out by reporting the dodgy shit.

Kiwi TAB offering $4 for AB by 8-14 so even tho it's at the top end of my 5-11 gut feeling I've asked father-in-law to stick $50 on it.

I did that too, don't worry.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Big build up for this one. Cheika has no doubt instilled a underlying strength in self belief of the Wallabies ability.
We may go down in this one but it will be with a lot of fight. That's all you can ask for. If we do go well then it bodes well for the RWC as this is not our best side. If we are in touch at the half it will be a huge second half.
Can't wait!
That's what I'm hoping for. We're making the trip to Sydney this afternoon, and as long as they give it a good crack, I'll consider it worthwhile.

T

Tip

An honest prediction...

All Blacks by 20+.

All Blacks are going to play very tight to try and nullify the Pocock threat which will also taking advantage of Foley & Giteau's zero physical presence.

If Tevita Kuridrani doesn't win MOTM we lose. With Crabeau and Foley I don't see how we can take advantage of Folau's & TK's running game and the AIG"s will just shepherd us to the sidelines.

There's so much optimism for this Wallabies team and I just don't understand why. Haven't we seen enough false dawns for the past 13 years. Horwill is a 40 minute player at best, Mumm still lacks a physical edge, Fardy is down on form. We've dropped the 10 that lead us for 76 minutes to victory over the 2nd best side in the world for the 10 that did no better against a country ranked 8th!

Matt Crabeau was mediocre at best (the Internet would explode if Quade threw the ball to noone after a clean break) against South Africa, confirming that nothing has changed and he's still a giant Leech that sucks all the space from outside him.

Why isn't Leali'ifano given a go? Does anyone remember his last ~3 performances in Green and Gold... They were a revelation. Yet we're sticking with a guy who is, and has been a MASSIVE if not INTEGRAL part of the 13 year wait for Bledisloe bill.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
^^^ That's a little pessimistic isn't it?

I reckon as it's in Australia it'll be a typical tight game.

AB's by 5.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
Sadly there appears to be a lot of pre match gloom and doom on this forum and in some of the media re the Wallabies chances of pulling off a win.. Last year at this venue was a tight game and I agree with ACR in not expecting any different this year.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The only thing that matters tonight is the breakdown. If I was coach I'd have the 15 hardest forwards in the country running on. Who cares about the score, just fucking dominate the breakdown for once! If I see the AB's committing nobody to the breakdown, as usual, we have lost. Help us Poey, you're our only chance.

If the GOAT is offside doing his usual crap, obliterate him. Rip him to pieces and tie his corpse to skelton to parade around the stadium in triumph.

Dominate the breakdown. That is all.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Question then becomes whether Gits can kick it > 40m. I'd have Foley kicking from the left side of the field, as a right footer and Gits from the right as a leftie.
Foley is terrible from the left side. He has a natural slice, misses way more from the left

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
/snip

If the GOAT is offside doing his usual crap, obliterate him. Rip him to pieces and tie his corpse to skelton to parade around the stadium in triumph.

Haha, McCaw probably gets pinged more often than anyone else these days. Usually for the ones that AREN'T actually penalties, (plenty to choose from though). He's lost his cloak.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^
I'd be more interested in someone removing Franks when he goes through / around a breakdown and then goes all Walking Dead

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
The only thing that matters tonight is the breakdown. If I was coach I'd have the 15 hardest forwards in the country running on. Who cares about the score, just fucking dominate the breakdown for once! If I see the AB's committing nobody to the breakdown, as usual, we have lost. Help us Poey, you're our only chance.

The Wallabies need to HTFU at scrum-time, especially the back row (considering Hooper's penchant for meerkatting).

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Sadly there appears to be a lot of pre match gloom and doom on this forum and in some of the media re the Wallabies chances of pulling off a win.. Last year at this venue was a tight game and I agree with ACR in not expecting any different this year.

There's never a shortage of Wallaby fans histrionically predicting a drubbing before any New Zealand game, and bemoaning how their selections would have made it right. Given that we usually lose, it's a sensible prediction to make (although some spice it up with huge margins), but it's a strange way to get behind your team.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Would have liked to have seen the Cooper-To'omua combo in this one but still looking forward to it. My heart is telling me Wallabies by 1-3 but realistically I think NZ by 6 or 7.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
There's never a shortage of Wallaby fans histrionically predicting a drubbing before any New Zealand game, and bemoaning how their selections would have made it right. Given that we usually lose, it's a sensible prediction to make (although some spice it up with huge margins), but it's a strange way to get behind your team.

Histrionically or not, historically there have been as many or more drubbings than close results, so it's not altogether surprising that people tip the ABs by some margin. And I have no doubt that my No 10 selection against the ABs in the first two tests last year would have performed better than the coach's selection in those games.

And the fear this time is that the 10/12 combination will again prove to be inadequate, while there are many question marks over the locking combination as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.