• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 New Zealand vs Australia, August 7 2021

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
It's nice to have a strong left footer like Ikitau for those wipers kicks into the left hand touchline. In the play that led to the disallowed try Mo-unga was forced to run it from his own line because he couldn't get a good kick away on that angle as a right footer. It's a shame Wilson missed the tackle because we could have trapped them on their own line under a lot of pressure exposing their inability to exit efficiently from that part of the field.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It's nice to have a strong left footer like Ikitau for those wipers kicks into the left hand touchline. In the play that led to the disallowed try Mo-unga was forced to run it from his own line because he couldn't get a good kick away on that angle as a right footer. It's a shame Wilson missed the tackle because we could have trapped them on their own line under a lot of pressure exposing their inability to exit efficiently from that part of the field.

Clutch play from RM in the end though. Earned them 50 metres and nearly a try.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I think that's a big call after just two starts. If Samu Kerevi comes online tomorrow, I dare say they'd shift Paisami to 13 instead of keeping Ikitau in the side.

I did say long-term not short-term but I tend to agree with you.

However another couple of games with Paisami's standard mixed- bag (line breaks, big hits, poor passing and dropped balls) will have to change things.

I'm less confident than a lot of others that Paisami is going to follow a Nonu- like trajectory with a world-class skillset.

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
They were great kicks off the boot but criminal neither found touch, tried to bite off far too much. The second one hurt the most with the ensuring penalty leading to the ABs try on halftime