• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 New Zealand vs Australia, August 7 2021

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Latu, McMahon, Kerevi, Cornelsen, Riley, Tomane, Gunter, Fardy, Skelton, Douglas, Arnold, Coleman, Hockings & Luke Morahan (for example, to name a few..) would all be of great value to a Wallabies 42-man squad right now.

Greg Cornelsen is 68 years old........ I also haven't heard of all of these players you've just named, made up or whatever, so I don't see how they're guaranteed selections?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The key to understanding his posts is to assume everything is somehow related to Robbie Deans.

After a quick google, it turns out they are indeed related to Robbie Deans........... two of them are already capped Japenese test players, and the other is involved with the Japanese test squad.

So in fact, they cannot add any value whatsoever to the Wallabies squad.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
After a quick google, it turns out they are indeed related to Robbie Deans..... two of them are already capped Japenese test players, and the other is involved with the Japanese test squad.

So in fact, they cannot add any value whatsoever to the Wallabies squad.
Clearly Rennie’s fault

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
10. Mo'unga
11. Ioane
12. Havili
13. ALB
14. Reece
15. McKenzie

If the Wallabies were going to pick a backline to play against out of the ABs' squad, this is probably it. Don't think McKenzie has ever had a good game at 15 against us. Havili and ALB, solid but no flashy. Wingers not the world beaters they were when they debuted. Mo'unga, a good player behind a pack moving forward but at sea when his forwards don't have parity.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
10. Mo'unga
11. Ioane
12. Havili
13. ALB
14. Reece
15. McKenzie

If the Wallabies were going to pick a backline to play against out of the ABs' squad, this is probably it. Don't think McKenzie has ever had a good game at 15 against us. Havili and ALB, solid but no flashy. Wingers not the world beaters they were when they debuted. Mo'unga, a good player behind a pack moving forward but at sea when his forwards don't have parity.

Well ABs pretty f***ed then UTG;). Fancy picking those players huh?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Haven't heard who the refs are yet? I guessing they will be from here unless there sare some that have been in MIQ from SA or NH.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
I've honestly never seen a weaker Wallabies line-up written on paper (in decades), and likely ever in history.. named against top-tier opposition than this side Rennie has named today. Even the ones under Cheika that conceded 40-50 points weren't near this green & mediocre - especially in the starting backline, starting locking pair, halves pairing + pretty much the entire reserve bench.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've honestly never seen a weaker Wallabies line-up (in decades), perhaps ever.. named against top-tier opposition than this side Rennie has named today. Even the ones under Cheika that conceded 40-50 points weren't near this green & mediocre - especially in the starting backline, starting locking pair, halves pairing + pretty much the entire reserve bench.

I agree, they should definitely be lobbying World Rugby to select fringe players from the wider Japanese training squad.........

Also, bigger centres.......... BIGGER CENTRES?!?!!?!??!!?!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Starting XV Test caps Aus 360-614 NZ
Matchday 23 Aus 531-896 NZ
Players with 100+ caps Aus 2-1 NZ
Players with 50+ caps Aus 3-8 NZ
Players with under 20 caps Aus 16-8 NZ

Last stat potentially the most telling imo.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I've honestly never seen a weaker Wallabies line-up written on paper (in decades), and likely ever in history.. named against top-tier opposition than this side Rennie has named today. Even the ones under Cheika that conceded 40-50 points weren't near this green & mediocre - especially in the starting backline, starting locking pair, halves pairing + pretty much the entire reserve bench.
There is a forum rule about basically writing the same post relentlessly, when once was more than enough.
Also one about trolling. They cross over, really.
How about you move on?

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Imagine if Wallabies were injury free & could select all their overseas based players:

1. Slipper
2. Latu
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Skelton
5. Arnold
6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. McMahon
9. White
10. O'Connor
11. Koroibete
12. Paisami
13. Kerevi
14. Petaia
15. Morahan

16. Bell
17. BPA
18. Tupou
19. Rodda/Philipp
20. Salakaia-Loto
21. McDermott
22. Paia'aua/Riley
23. Vunivalu/Tomane

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I know I'm a Rebels fan, but you don't get a shot at redemption when you fucked it twice only a month ago. Wright has had more than enough opportunities. Kellaway is a very smart footballer. I joke about his size and lack of awe but he could really be something. I also assume Rennie sees something there.
On top of that , Rennie doesn’t seem to reward poor performances, on or off the field .

Dare say even a chance for redemption will have to be earned for players seeking it , not just given. That’s not a comment aimed only at Wright.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Imagine if Wallabies were injury free & could select all their overseas based players:

1. Slipper
2. Latu
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Skelton
5. Arnold
6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. McMahon
9. White
10. O'Connor
11. Koroibete
12. Paisami
13. Kerevi
14. Petaia
15. Morahan

16. Bell
17. BPA
18. Tupou
19. Rodda/Philipp
20. Salakaia-Loto
21. McDermott
22. Paia'aua/Riley
23. Vunivalu/Tomane

Besides being an overdone concept - Riley? I assume you are family????

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Like I said, Australian Rugby & Dave Rennie's management really need to find more effective methods to retain their players, as they really struggle to put out a decent side after a few injuries/suspensions.

Koroibete, Vunivalu, White and JOC (James O'Connor), are each massive losses in terms of both skill and experience.

Swain & LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) are both decent players sure, but would quite possibly be the weakest tier-1 locking pairing going around currently.

Now imagine how much stronger their options would be if they could select from: Latu, Rodda, Skelton, Coleman, Arnold, McMahon, & Kerevi.

Even left-field choices would be in a shot of the 23. I'd take Genia over Gordon, Beale over Banks, and possibly even Foley/Leali'ifano over To'omua, etc..

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Now imagine how much stronger their options would be if they could select from: Latu, Rodda, Skelton, Coleman, Arnold, McMahon, & Kerevi.

Even left-field choices would be in a shot of the 23. I'd take Genia over Gordon, Beale over Banks, and possibly even Foley/Leali'ifano over To'omua, etc..

You must be a big fan of Ben Darwin's work on cohesion. o_O.