• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 New Zealand vs Australia, August 7 2021

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Bugger. On the plus side I’ve now got my ‘lol you only beat our B squad!’ excuse ready to go.

Only just beat our B side!

Nah of course, ABs win fair and square. Our goal kicking really screwed us over there, we missed every opportunity to squeeze on a bit of scoreboard pressure. And then couldn’t run them down. Hopefully we take take the good stuff and build on it for a better showing in Game 2, but I don’t think NZ will be very happy with that performance either…

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Disagree. Strong? He may improve in time, however his playmaking is not ‘strong’. too flat and stood still when catching ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if they throw Cooper in next week. JOC (James O'Connor) is number one and still injured. We played well at the back end but need to play like this from the get go..
A bit unrealistic to think we’re going to emulate what we did at the end of the game, when it’s much faster and looser, at the start. I thought we created a fair few opportunities, often off the back of Noah.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well was pretty much as expected, reasonably close , the Wallabies were never going to get walked over. ABs were pretty poor in fist 30 minutes I thought,, I actually thought it took until 2nd half for RMo to start running straight, he was completely sideways first half, and only time we went straight forward . But anyway that first one done.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
How many points left out there? Good hustle from the Wallabies, used to blow outs, so I’ll take that instead of a wipeout.

Where’s Rodha now? 8 point margin with 5 missed kicks at the “fortress” with 100% NZ fans.

He's with his mates standing in a circle around a SAO desperately hoping to lose.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I'm all for giving Noah another run, just need an old head at 12. Any chance of JOC (James O'Connor) being available? How about Swinton, will he be fit?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Next week is predictable. We will be bold again but we can’t win when there are 4 kiwis adjudicating. Fair enough for this game as it all happened pretty quickly, but hopefully they had the foresight to fly some tier 1 officials in before the lockdown.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I'm all for giving Noah another run, just need an old head at 12. Any chance of JOC (James O'Connor) being available? How about Swinton, will he be fit?

If JOCs available he takes Noah’s position not 12. No brainer.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

JOC (James O'Connor) is still in Australia so he's no chance before Perth, but the way To'omua played off the bench I think he's a good shout to come in at 12.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah… Nah
Which is why I wrote strong as opposed to good. Thought there was some nice touch’s from him. Wouldn’t be in a 3-2-1, but bar the goal kicking he was ok. Who’d you play there with who’s over there? QC (Quade Cooper)? To'omua? Hodge?
EDIT: by the time I finished posting you’d already said JOC (James O'Connor). I would prefer him, but thought he was injured

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Have to say, while I though McReight went well, if Hooper isn't coming off we lose a lot of balance with him on the bench (unless you're going 6/2). If we're going to be 5/3, I think your 6/8/20 need to be three of Isi, Valetini, Swinton and Wilson.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
JOC (James O'Connor) is still in Australia so he's no chance before Perth, but the way To'omua played off the bench I think he's a good shout to come in at 12.

Ikitau has potential but I’m with you on this, push Paisami out one and start To'omua. I’m sceptical about off the bench appearances in general but we need some experience around Noah and this is the best solution.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Would be a backward step.
Rennie will make the call ... I just think I wouldn’t be surprised. You should always pick your best side so if Rennie picks Lolesio next week he believes he is the best.. will be interesting though because I would love to see Cooper finish his career with a Bledisloe... Marika back next week will be a bonus...

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Have to say, while I though McReight went well, if Hooper isn't coming off we lose a lot of balance with him on the bench (unless you're going 6/2). If we're going to be 5/3, I think your 6/8/20 need to be three of Isi, Valetini, Swinton and Wilson.

Starting yes, but I thought we went up a level in the pigs when we made the sub, I think we won all our set piece too. I think it works late in the game.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Which is why I wrote strong as opposed to good. Thought there was some nice touch’s from him. Wouldn’t be in a 3-2-1, but bar the goal kicking he was ok. Who’d you play there with who’s over there? QC (Quade Cooper)? To'omua? Hodge?
EDIT: by the time I finished posting you’d already said JOC (James O'Connor). I would prefer him, but thought he was injured

Yeah the backup is a problem. My initial comment about QC (Quade Cooper) was tongue in cheek. I would bring JOC (James O'Connor) in as soon as he’s fit.
I guess we need to stick with Noah until then.
To be fair his kicking has been outstanding this year and tonight was a windy aberration.
But I’m not convinced he’s the future at 10.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Disagree. Strong? He may improve in time, however his playmaking is not ‘strong’. too flat and stood still when catching ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if they throw Cooper in next week. JOC (James O'Connor) is number one and still injured. We played well at the back end but need to play like this from the get go..
Maybe I felt bad for the guy missing all those goals. I think he will improve. Our ball was being stymied at the breakdown and we seem to be trying to play at the advantage line. If he doesn’t have strong ball carriers off him he’s going to be limited in his options. But you’re right in that the times he hit the ball in motion he was more effective. His looping around and hitting Hunter (I think) in the first half and his grubber for Banks try were when he hit the ball in motion.