• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 2023 @ Dunedin 12:35PM Sat 5 Aug

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
changes to the team I wanna see:
- Leota to get a start. Made 12/12 tackles and got a pilfer too in his cameo off the bench.
- Faessler onto the bench for Uelese, now or never.
- Backline stays the same
- I'd rather not have Slipper starting but we're a bit fucked there. I think there's only two tight heads in the squad fit (if Tupou is indeed out). So, 3. Slipper 18. Nonggorr. Yikes.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I'd agree with all these. Faessler needs a run as much as anything as well at this point.

Iv'e seen others mention Scott Sio and at this point I'd be all for that. Drop Arnold out of the squad if I had a choice. Haven't noticed him at all.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I actually thought the thing Eddie would've appreciated more than the tackle count about Hooper, particularly in the first half, was his cleanout work at the rucks when we had the ball...

I'm not sure what number he wears going forward, but rather than hanging out wide I think he needs to continue that role of making cleanouts, making lots of tackles, but get in some more carries and up the physicality in defence.

If Eddie continues him in the 7 jersey, I think we need a 6 in the mould of Gleeson, Samu or even Wilson.
Another aspect Tom performed many times and effectively was the link between a lineout and the backline. He really had a tremendous game and it's hard to fathom why some here think otherwise.

Eddie's Eyebrows

Allen Oxlade (6)
Another aspect Tom performed many times and effectively was the link between a lineout and the backline. He really had a tremendous game and it's hard to fathom why some here think otherwise.
People simply can't get their heads around the fact he's not the prototypical Australian style fetcher in the mold of Pockock, Smith, Hooper, McReight, Gill, Wilson, Waugh and every other 7 to pull on a jersey for the last 20 years.