• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #2 - AUS v NZL, Eden Park, Auckland, August 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
From the Smith article:
"Cooper’s winning ratio in Tests is 62.72 per cent. That’s the highest in the Wallabies, save for Palu’s 62.96 per cent, although when only Tests in which they started are considered, Cooper’s success rate jumps to 68 per cent to Palu’s 55.3.

Two times out of every three Tests when he has had the conn, Cooper guides the Wallabies to victory, twice in seven Tests against the All Blacks."

A quick googling of the title should get you the full article.

The Snout

Ward Prentice (10)
Cooper this Cooper that. If there's one thing Check has drummed in is that we win as a team and lose as a team. All have to deliver tonight not just Cooper.

Taking a step back, even if the Wallabies don't win tonight Check has moved this group a long way already in regards to being a team and wanting to be part of the national side. If not this year just feels like it won't be much longer.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Come close and speak very softly. Destructive runs are not the point of weakness. Savea has missed more tackles this year than he has nailed. He is missing roughly one in every two. If you watch the game again note how all his team mates flock to where he is on defence so they can cover for him.

If BR thinks Beale can't tackle front on, how does he rate Savea?

I hope you remain right about Savea's defense this week @Hawko, because if he's as bad as you say, Henry should have a field day.

But my concern is if Henry is replaced by Beale on the right wing. I'd back Savea to be able to stop Beale rather than Beale being able to stop Savea.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I still looking where Richie has asked the crowd to boo QC (Quade Cooper), of course he wants the crowd on ABs side for fucks sake, it why teams like playing at home isn't it?? Can you remember when Suncorp was supposedly a fortress for Wallabies, because the crowd are close ,so can get stuck into either the opposition or cheering their team. Are any of you really stupid enough to think the players from either team are going to think they will influence how a good international player is going to play by him getting booed?? I have never seen it make a difference to a good player, and doubt I ever will. One of reasons I never bothered booing, because sure as shit if I thought it would help my team win I probably would, same as cheering them, that only helps the person doing cheering/booing enjoy themselves really. As Kieren Read said about playing at Ellis park, once you are playing it all only white noise, you don't really know who it's being directed at or whats been said. Funnily enough I was told that by my son when he was only about 9-10, he said even at that age you hardly heard what was being said because you busy playing and trying to do your job. Something confirmed by a ref, who never hears what is yelled at him.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I hope you remain right about Savea's defense this week @Hawko, because if he's as bad as you say, Henry should have a field day.

But my concern is if Henry is replaced by Beale on the right wing. I'd back Savea to be able to stop Beale rather than Beale being able to stop Savea.

Look, I'm sure if you got Beale and Savea to run at each other 10 times under match conditions that Savea would come out with the better stats. I'm not sure where your paranoia is coming from that Beale is going to be pitted up against him though - and if he does end up on that wing Cheika's not just going to chuck him there and say 'your job is to tackle Savea'. They operate slightly more complex defensive structures than that. Wing defence is scarcely man on man - more often than not you are dealing with an overlap so it comes down to your second line and/or your cover defenders. There are exceptions though e.g. Lomu v Catt!

Anyways, go the Wallabies, let's hope all 23 bring their best to town!

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I was under the impression that Beale played blindside wing (not strictly right wing) and is therefore almost always within the range of the backrow. Especially considering Hoopers' remarkable range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Re. Savea's defence, let's all just rewind to last week and first look at his positioning prior to To'omua's grubber for Two-Dads' try, and second, the turning circle he has when the ball is put behind him. IDK about his tackling stats - but surely he's got to put himself in a position to make the tackle before first.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
It rained most of yesterday in Auckland, all night and has rained all morning. Forecast for rain with thuderstorms and a chance of hail. Max temp 14.
249a-14f2e089ac0-14f2e0b12f2.RadarAUCKLAND.jpeg

That's good news! With an ugly weather they hardly going to crush us by 50. It will be a battle of piglets and we are prepared with a 6/2 bench.

I don't care so much the Cooper's novel, my real concern is Palu.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
It rained most of yesterday in Auckland, all night and has rained all morning. Forecast for rain with thuderstorms and a chance of hail. Max temp 14.

Only about 3mm of rainfall midnight to midday & not much forecast for midday to midnight tonight. As for hail & thunder, this being Auckland it could just as easily not happen at all or if it does be all over in five minutes flat.

http://www.metservice.com/towns-cities/auckland/auckland-central

Current Auckland Viaduct webcam shot:
image.jpg

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well Cheika has confirmed in media interviews that foley and cooper are rwc bound so no pressure on Cooper for tonights performance which is a good thing as don't think any key player needs that sort of extra pressure..

Good article in weekend Australian by Wayne Smith on selection of cooper.

Last sentence from this article about Cooper I thought was gold:

""So cut him some slack, Australia. Cheika has some faith in him [Cooper]. Maybe it's time we all did".

Hope Cooper has a blinder as all true rugby fans would, as if he does we might just dare to dream.

"

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I still looking where Richie has asked the crowd to boo QC (Quade Cooper), of course he wants the crowd on ABs side for fucks sake, it why teams like playing at home isn't it?? Can you remember when Suncorp was supposedly a fortress for Wallabies, because the crowd are close ,so can get stuck into either the opposition or cheering their team. Are any of you really stupid enough to think the players from either team are going to think they will influence how a good international player is going to play by him getting booed?? I have never seen it make a difference to a good player, and doubt I ever will. One of reasons I never bothered booing, because sure as shit if I thought it would help my team win I probably would, same as cheering them, that only helps the person doing cheering/booing enjoy themselves really. As Kieren Read said about playing at Ellis park, once you are playing it all only white noise, you don't really know who it's being directed at or whats been said. Funnily enough I was told that by my son when he was only about 9-10, he said even at that age you hardly heard what was being said because you busy playing and trying to do your job. Something confirmed by a ref, who never hears what is yelled at him.

Missed the Adam Goodes stuff hey?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Excuse me, I can't help but notice there, in the background, but are those 23 hangman's nooses hanging from the Harbour Bridge?

Probably only big enough to fit genitals through. The NZ public are NOT forgiving.

So its pissing rain? So what? If we're going to shove a hoodoo up someone's black-shirted arse while getting our Cup back AND doing it with Publuck Inimuy #1 at flyhalf, we might as well do it in a howling gale while we're at it, 3 points to nil!

Status
Not open for further replies.