• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #2 - AUS v NZL, Eden Park, Auckland, August 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Probably only big enough to fit genitals through. The NZ public are NOT forgiving.

So its pissing rain? So what? If we're going to shove a hoodoo up someone's black-shirted arse while getting our Cup back AND doing it with Publuck Inimuy #1 at flyhalf, we might as well do it in a howling gale while we're at it, 3 points to nil!

It's pissing down now but scheduled to be pretty dry during the game with winds around 10 knots and a temp of 11 degrees C. Not bad conditions but it will be greasy and heavy under foot.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It's pissing down now but scheduled to be pretty dry during the game with winds around 10 knots and a temp of 11 degrees C. Not bad conditions but it will be greasy and heavy under foot.

That'll slow some of the flyers down, their back three in particular.

T

Tip

No doubt alcohol induced memory failure because we won the Bledisloe back.

You betcha!

Regardless, alcohol induced memory failure is almost inevitable tonight.

If we lose, I'd rather not know about it. I shall bury my sorrows in delicious amber coloured beverage.

If we win.... well everyone's going to know about it.

Regardless, tonight is one of those nights where My Avatar speaks the truth

teach

Trevor Allan (34)

Don't count on it. Eden park has a state of the art drainage system. It may be greasy, but that should be about it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Plus just because its pissing down in Auckland now doesn't mean it will be soon. Its fucking AUCKLAND.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pretty sure it's not even pissing down now:
image.jpg

Shiny water tends to suggest it's at least a little bit sunny...........

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
What a difference since EOYT - and can understand why on reflection.

Cheika only come on board and little chance to select EOYT squad or make his mark. Cheika's influence as well as coaching staff additions like Larkham, Grey, and Ledesma (lot of credit goes to Cheika but probably not enough to his assistant coaches)

Then we have key players returning from injury like Pocock, Moore and Cooper

Then we have players coming back from Europe that have added real depth and experience to Wallabies squad like Giteau, Mumm, Mitchell, Douglas....I think many underestimate the value of their experience and wise rugby heads they bring

Then we have key players like Horwill finding their old raging form just in time for RWC (hopefully can say same about Cooper after tonight)

And lastly we finally seem to have found 4 props we can have start/finish that we feel are of international standard.

Praise the Lord.....we might be about to hopefully see the start of a new dawn for Australian Rugby...

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I've been fighting with myself over the Cooper selection all week.

Initially I was pissed, because I at first almost interpreted it as running up the White flag. If we had selected the same team and gone over and gotten thumped, we're essentially back to square one. By selecting different players it gives wiggle room to say we didn't have our best team on the park.

But with the way Foley played that's certainly not our best team anyway. With what Cheika has said since, all I want to see is a measured performance. Give the backline shape, take the ball to the line in both hands and trust in the whole team effort to win it. If you get an opportunity in the final 20 to throw an awesome cut out pass to put someone in space, do it. But I don't want to see him do it 3 times before half time. All he needs to do is the fundamentals well and it will have been a good exercise.

As for the result, i don't think we are anything more than an outside chance, Richie and Dan's last game in NZ and the pain from last week will stir them to an epic effort. But at least now it feels like the Wallabies have their destiny in their own hands.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cooper this Cooper that. If there's one thing Check has drummed in is that we win as a team and lose as a team. All have to deliver tonight not just Cooper.

Taking a step back, even if the Wallabies don't win tonight Check has moved this group a long way already in regards to being a team and wanting to be part of the national side. If not this year just feels like it won't be much longer.

I agree The Snout

Phipps and Foley as starting halves did not perform and we still won against the AB's......Cheika has selected a good 23 so finishers are ready to come on if starters don't perform.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I hope you remain right about Savea's defense this week @Hawko, because if he's as bad as you say, Henry should have a field day.

But my concern is if Henry is replaced by Beale on the right wing. I'd back Savea to be able to stop Beale rather than Beale being able to stop Savea.

We're plaing Graham Henry?!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Richie and Dan's last game in NZ and the pain from last week will stir them to an epic effort.

yep, thats what everyone keeps saying, but, as any athlete at any level will attest to, once that 5th gear is gone, it's goddamn gone. No matter how "hard" you try. Look at Rodney Soiaolo. Lost 5th gear seemingly overnight. Jerry Collins too.

that's whats got me spooked, except with 6 or 7 guys in the team like that, under the exacting glare of the halogens they'll fail to muster the required wattage to power the turbines at this level

Plus, in the backs of their minds, there will be the comfort cushion of having also lost vs Aus........ just prior to winning RWC2011.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jesus I though the NZ TAB offering NZ $1.20 /$4.20 Aus was insane, the I checked out Sportsbet & they've got NZ $1.20 / $4.75 Aus. Both sites are giving Aus a start of 11.5 which is just mind-boggling.

AB by <8.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Jesus I though the NZ TAB offering NZ $1.20 /$4.20 Aus was insane, the I checked out Sportsbet & they've got NZ $1.20 / $4.75 Aus. Both sites are giving Aus a start of 11.5 which is just mind-boggling.

AB by <8.

yeah, I got $5.80 on Betfair this morning, it got as high as $6.20. They are back to $5.30 there now.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If I were the kinda guy who bets against his team, I'd be tempted to have some of that & maybe recoup what I lost last week..........

T

TOCC

i got on at $8 for Australia to win the Bledisloe Cup last week

weather is holding up well, only a slight drizzle in the morning but no rain predicted for this evening
image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.