• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #2 - AUS v NZL, Eden Park, Auckland, August 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The all blacks deserved to win. I want to say that first.

I honestly hate pointing out refs but tonight has been shocking. The All Blacks commit the same offense all night and no card? Disgusting. Nigel Owen you have lost me. Tackled in the air three times? No card? Rubbish. Feel free to message me if you disagree because the footage tells no lies.

Penalty try and yellow card? Cheers mate, great game.

T

Train Without a Station

Not saying anyone else could have changed all of that from no.10, but he definitely made it worse. I noticed that the forwards always get mentioned when QC (Quade Cooper) has an off game.

I'm guessing you don't know much about rugby. Not many 10s excel when the forwards struggle.

How did one of the greatest 10s of all time, Carter, go last week behind a beaten pack?

T

Train Without a Station

The all blacks deserved to win. I want to say that first.

I honestly hate pointing out refs but tonight has been shocking. The All Blacks commit the same offense all night and no card? Disgusting. Nigel Owen you have lost me. Tackled in the air three times? No card? Rubbish. Feel free to message me if you disagree because the footage tells no lies.

Penalty try and yellow card? Cheers mate, great game.

I'm dirty that Nonu came in for a big head high on gits right in front on attack and wasn't even penalised.

But let's be serious, that penalty try break was the opening of the flood gates. The all blacks took off from there and getting back to 15 did not slow it down.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Quade had a very off game. The avalanche of points came after his dumb yellow. To'omua would be my starting 10. White was as slow as a wet week. For all his faults, Phipps gets the ball away instead of waiting.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Blaming Cooper for the loss? Not really

But Foley has way more hate directed at him last week and he didn't give away a yc + penalty try

Cooper was very poor in the first half and very error prone

But so were the forwards in the first half. That and that fucking too deep backline meant we reverted to oldbad habits

This was a very good reality check to ground us before the run for bill.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I reckon we've looked even worse since Cooper came off too. The subs in the forward except Pocock have been a down grade and only Horwill and Skelton offer much tonight. Hooper was uncharacteristically quiet for mine.

Never really looked in it after the head-knock, concussed or not.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Massive reality check tonight, but it's come at the right time. We at least know now what the level required is to go deep at the RWC. What we served up in this game was clearly not good enough. I predict a couple of blokes might have played their way out of contention and that Cheika will administer some floggings in the coming weeks to let these boys know exactly where need to be.

It's not doom and gloom by any stretch though. here will be no danger of complacency I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.