• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #2 - AUS v NZL, Eden Park, Auckland, August 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Either Quade and To'omua are both shit 10s, or they were both behind a beaten pack and therefore exempt from judgement
Yeah, you can't blame our halves... We were massively out enthused up front and they just never got a platform

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I wouldnt say biggest problem - hard for any halves to perform going backwards all game. The forwards were shocking tonight.

Wait a fucking minute - take your navy/white eyepatch off and prepare to be truthed:

We had a period in the first half where we were rolling over the ABs, and dominating them inside the 22. Then suddenly White stopped passing the ball straight out of the ruck, and when he DID finally get it out he threw it straight at the man and not out in front of him. Killed all our momentum and gave the ABs the momentum back.

Yeah our forwards got belted up because the ABs fronted, but DON'T divert blame from a guy who had a shit game, just because he wears your colours.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Seriously?
They scored a penalty try through him and 3 while he was off.
Just plain dumb.
To be fair mate, I don't really rate Cooper as everyone knows, but that one wasn't his fault and frankly that yellow card was pretty excessive. The problem was we were missing first up tackles all night

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
He may not be the answer, but at least he's a possibility.

Quade has a long way to go to get back to his former self.

Foley will probably be the starting 10 in the RWC.

Foley probably will be.

Neither Quade nor To'omua covered theirselves in glory - Quade's brain fart, and To'omua's diabolical kicking game.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
the halves are our biggest problem by far. Nobody has stuck their hands up and demanded the jersey in either 9 or 10.
Huh?
9 and 10 were far from our biggest problem tonight.
Swap smith and Carter for white and cooper and the result would have been the same.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
To be fair mate, I don't really rate Cooper as everyone knows, but that one wasn't his fault and frankly that yellow card was pretty excessive. The problem was we were missing first up tackles all night

Any 12 year old knows that if you prevent a try by foul play you get a card. If he cant be fucked putting his shoulder into him and getting carried over the try line then just let him run under the posts and be done with it - at least they would not haver been able to exploit open side numbers at will for the next 10 minutes.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
If there is not clear. 2 players who were on the RWC squad of ALL users have lost their air ticket tonight. They are Palu and Speight

You can't go to the WC for carrying a surname without big performances. Tomane deserves the spot for the traditional winger

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
We had a period in the first half where we were rolling over the ABs, and dominating them inside our 22. Then suddenly White stopped passing the ball straight out of the ruck, and when he DID finally get it out he threw it straight at the man and not out in front of him. Killed all our momentum and gave the ABs the momentum back.

what ended that period of the game was shit play from hooper when he ran from the short side to the open side and then stepped inside and was cleaned up turning over the ball.
That was the end of parity.
he seemed even more than usually worried about his hair tonight

BamBamRMH7

Bob McCowan (2)
Foley is lucky he didn't play against this All Blacks side, it has worked in his favor. Wallabies just don't have the quality of players that the All Blacks do. Most players on the All Blacks bench would be definite starters for the Wallabies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Wait a fucking minute - take your navy/white eyepatch off and prepare to be truthed:

We had a period in the first half where we were rolling over the ABs, and dominating them inside our 22. Then suddenly White stopped passing the ball straight out of the ruck, and when he DID finally get it out he threw it straight at the man and not out in front of him. Killed all our momentum and gave the ABs the momentum back.

Yeah our forwards got belted up because the ABs fronted, but DON'T divert blame from a guy who had a shit game, just because he wears your colours.

If your read my previous posts I also questioned Whites speed too. It was shocking. Give me Phipps over him - I said before the game - so stop your provincial bias crap.

Cooper had very limited chances to do what he does best - in fact no chances. He made a shit load of errors with the high ball - and at fullback . So I don't think the halves are the biggest issue. With go-forward ball we have the players to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.