• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #2 - AUS v NZL, Eden Park, Auckland, August 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
As for Quade.....

He hasn't been as poor as Foley, but he was still poor.... can't blame him for the loss though.
I like Quade. He actually played as well as Foley last week, except for the harsh but fair yellow.

However, to pick QC (Quade Cooper) as 10 for any crunch RWC match is inconceivable.

Furthermore, he has no utility as a reserve.

He will be picked in the RWC squad but I don't see the point.

M

Moono75

Another Bledisloe Fuck up. Where was the attitude from last week. Some poor selections particularly at 9 with no change up. Cooper is more trouble than he's worth.....Fuck him off.

scott

Frank Row (1)
I don't believe this experimenting for WC BS, you pick your best team to go out and win the game at hand, and that was the starting team from last week!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Nah, at least White's passes were aimed at another player....

Straight AT the player and nowhere near "in front of the player" - this happened in last year's Bledisloe and when you want to run on it from depth, it doesn't work.
Biggest shit-me aspect of the game? The fucking dinky in-behind kicks. What the fuck was that shit show meant to achieve?

T

TOCC

I like Quade. He actually played as well as Foley last week, except for the harsh but fair yellow.

However, to pick QC (Quade Cooper) as 10 for any crunch RWC match is inconceivable.

Furthermore, he has no utility as a reserve.

He will be picked in the RWC squad but I don't see the point.

I'm of the same sentiment... Quade has the potential to lead Australia to a RWC win, but I don't think he is in the right frame of mind or has enough playing time in the past 18 months. He shouldn't be In the squad but he will be.

I think Foley should be the 5/8 for the RWC, but I don't think he will win is a RWC, but there aren't really any other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I don't believe this experimenting for WC BS, you pick your best team to go out and win the game at hand, and that was the starting team from last week!

And then, when one of those XV goes down in a crucial match, and your reserve player has had a total of 30 minutes against a second-tier team, what then?

Genius.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't know what's more pathetic that performance or everyone on here fighting over which player was the worst. The whole team was awful.

I don't for a second believe that we ever really wanted to win that game. That was Cheika last experiment before the World Cup. You don't change your winning 8-9-10-12-14 if your truly going for it. So everyone settle.

What did we learn:

- Cooper is awful in tight situations. He's a great super flyhalf but never cut it at international level.

- Nic White, Will Skeleton and Matt To'omua are better coming off the bench then starting

- Until we find a hard working massive number 8 we may as well start with two no 7s. No Australian 8 is up to it.

- Our lineouts need a lot of work

Good post louie.

There definitely was some strange selections from my perspective.

I'll await qwerty's response who so boldly said Cheika picked a side to "win the test".

Why change a winning team I say. Pooper was looking the goods. Mumm and Horwill brought some decent heat last week. And I also agree when you have good performers off the bench that help you win the test, don't just throw them into the starting lineup expecting them to do exactly the same.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think Foley should be the 5/8 for the RWC, but I don't think he will win is a RWC, but there aren't really any other options.

Foley, Quade, To'omua - none of them will win us jack shit if we don't use our strengths, which is team work and quick ball.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Straight AT the player and nowhere near "in front of the player" - this happened in last year's Bledisloe and when you want to run on it from depth, it doesn't work.
Biggest shit-me aspect of the game? The fucking dinky in-behind kicks. What the fuck was that shit show meant to achieve?

But a far cry on what Phipps served up last week............

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I was quite impressed with Beale coming off the bench. He read some plays quite well.
Beale was actually bloody good wasn't he? Made some great defensive reads and was pretty solid in the few chances he had with the ball

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Beale was actually bloody good wasn't he? Made some great defensive reads and was pretty solid in the few chances he had with the ball

I think he'll be a staple of "the finishers".............

Status
Not open for further replies.