• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2. Eden Park, 24th Sept 7.05pm NZT. 5.05 pm AEST, 3.05 WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I would imagine Holloway goes back to 6 and Frost and Neville come in at lock (assuming Swain is gone too).

Hanigan fit? ;)

Or could be time for Gleeson
Yeah minimal change. Can't see Wilson getting in. Really hope he does feature a lot on the EOYT. Whilst a huge fan of Leota, I think Harry surely has the ceiling to be an all time great, just need him getting time.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Fun fact - this is the first thread I've ever started.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're a bit late:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For the life of me I dnt get how Holloway has somehow become this must pick player. Dude is a poor mans Dave Dennis
Don't think he's been terrible but hasn't been great either. I think it's mostly a lack of other options. Wilson didn't look better in his appearance and who else is there? Hanigan and Gleeson only other options. Could go Samu and McReight maybe but might be giving away too much weight/height.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Don't think he's been terrible but hasn't been great either. I think it's mostly a lack of other options. Wilson didn't look better in his appearance and who else is there? Hanigan and Gleeson only other options. Could go Samu and McReight maybe but might be giving away too much weight/height.
Can't see him going Samu and McRight to start as the larger back row showed what impact they can have. The stats when McRight came on had a positive impact on our breakdown work so he might start McRight earlier in 2nd half if it needs it.
Rennie is keeping Holloway in there for work at the breakdown as well as his handling etc. IF he gets an opportunity to show it. All our forwards can't be show ponies, that is why AAA, Slipper etc are picked if fit. Hope he sticks with Poreki to start.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Can't see him going Samu and McRight to start as the larger back row showed what impact they can have. The stats when McRight came on had a positive impact on our breakdown work so he might start McRight earlier in 2nd half if it needs it.
Rennie is keeping Holloway in there for work at the breakdown as well as his handling etc. IF he gets an opportunity to show it. All our forwards can't be show ponies, that is why AAA, Slipper etc are picked if fit. Hope he sticks with Poreki to start.
Wilson and Gleeson are better carriers and Holloway's breakdown work wasn't up to much last match. Mind you, he can drop a kickoff with the best of them

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
When Leota went off on Thursday they brought Swain on and Holloway switched to 6 for a fair portion of the match...

I wouldn't be surprised if Rennie plays him in the backrow again.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sorry mate, I don't start them often either, and only did so we had a thread to discuss rugby and not what was happening on last test thread. :D
But yours is superbly set up though mate!!;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I forgot Leota was injured, and wouldn't be surprised if Holloway starts, but maybe Rennie will think having new 6 is less diruption? Only one change.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Surprised you even posting then mate, and how will you know if they are reffing how you want without
I wouldn't be against giving Gordon another start, but his game management was reasonably poor on Thursday and it was a marked improvement when White came onto the field...
Think you’re over thinking it. Enjoy the game and hope it’s as good as the last but a better result.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Leota is out. That's the interesting change. I wouldn't change the backline at all. We have to change 6 and I'm still not sold on the locks. Tupou likely back on the bench
Didn’t 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa) come off the last test with a calf injury? If he’s out, TT to start

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Didn’t 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa) (Allan Ala'alatoa) come off the last test with a calf injury? If he’s out, TT to start

No, AAA played 72 mins... Slipper came off with a calf injury but is apparently on track to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.