• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Saturday 25th August 2018 - Eden Park, Auckland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
You don't need a razzle dazzle 10-12 pairing to win test footy. You NEED to tackle, kick, and not drop the ball. The simple things.

Agree completely. Aus almost tried to play too much. NZ eat that shit up. Look at Ireland/Lions. That's how you do it. Take no chances, have no fun, zero entertainment, shit to watch, boring as fuck, just strangle the life out of the game and play the dull percentages for all 80 minutes.

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree completely. Aus almost tried to play too much. NZ eat that shit up. Look at Ireland/Lions. That's how you do it. Take no chances, have no fun, zero entertainment, shit to watch, boring as fuck, just strangle the life out of the game and play the dull percentages for all 80 minutes.

Correct I’m Irish , the style we play is awful to watch by and large, but no one cares once it’s winning rugby

The wallabies due to being 4th code fox sports hype etc etc are under pressure not just to win but to entertain
Hooper even reference it in last week post game interview

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Thought Shiggins went well. Just went out and played his usual game. That being, noticing every single infraction by the other team but never when his team does it (NECK ROLLS. BARNES DOESTN GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEM. FOR EITHER SIDE)

On the bright side for Aus, DHP looked more dangerous running it back than the much vaunted JBarrett, iHomo.

On the bright side for mankind, BBarret has tonight taken the drums beating for Mounga, dismantled them, burnt them with fire, and buried them at subterranean level under Lancaster Park.

ABs = All Barretts.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
You're right UTG. Let's start with the defense. If a player can't routinely tackle his opposite number then shift him on. That's got rid of Foley, Beale and Koroibete. Then get a defense coach who understands defensive structures and can organise the backline to make sure that line breaks are much harder to come by.

Next, get rid of the Pooper. Pocock is the equal of any loose forward going around in world rugby, but has to pl;ay second fiddle in his preferred position to a coach's favourite. After that, toss out any other forward who consistently goes to ground or goes backwards as soon as confronted by an opposition player. That takes care of Simmons and Hanigan.

Now we're getting places. Last but not least, get a new head coach who might have a few ideas about the way a game of rugby can be won.
Not so sure about foley but beale was disgraceful tonight. Not at the level required of a professional rugby player.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Don't agree with this, not because the ABs aren't very good, but because we make extremely basic errors that we then compound. We don't defend like an international team, certainly not in cover defence, whatever Cheika and Grey had them doing in the Wallaby Camp it certainly wasn't practising defending in broken play. We shouldn't have to wait till the Boks to try and fix basic problems.
The all blacks made a few errors as well. Difference is we don't have the skill to score of it every time.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
If Simmons is the biggest problem is Australian rugby, I should stop posting on this great forum

Reactions: TSR

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Mate, we have series losses to England (3-nil, no less) and Ireland AT HOME in the last two years. When you look at how we capitulate against the ABs, we don't need any more non AB reference points to know that the setup sucks, irrespective of how much progress Cheika, Hooper and Fox Sports tell us we are making.
Both England and Ireland have been up there. Closer to the and then anyone in the last few years. Just have to understand we are a 3 to 5th at best nation at the moment

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually BB must be relieved, Carlos will be his coach at the Canes next year, and he reckons he can help him improve!

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Correct I’m Irish , the style we play is awful to watch by and large, but no one cares once it’s winning rugby

The wallabies due to being 4th code fox sports hype etc etc are under pressure not just to win but to entertain
Hooper even reference it in last week post game interview
Ireland could beat most teams playing ugly but prob not the blacks. Need to be disciplined but also need lightning strikepower of the blacks. Pen kicks and rigid, limited attack patterns not enough.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Both England and Ireland would put a better showing up against the all blacks atm. But that's because they won't try to play a crazy temo game and beat the all blacks at champagne rugby. They would slow it down and be more tactile. Something we probably need to look at.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It is abundantly clear whenever the ABs break out after a turnover, that to a man they are metres faster than any of the Wallabies. We really need to get some pace into our backline quick fast.

Again Cheika left me shaking my head with his use of the bench. WTF was DHP, one of the better players subbed off for To'omua (I believe). That seemed to cause Maddocks to move to 15, Beale to wing and To'omua took the 12 spot. Too much jigging around, especially when at that stage it should have been one of Foley or Beale taken off, not DHP.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
They would slow it down and be more tactile.

giphy.gif

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
It is abundantly clear whenever the ABs break out after a turnover, that to a man they are metres faster than any of the Wallabies. We really need to get some pace into our backline quick fast.

Again Cheika left me shaking my head with his use of the bench. WTF was DHP, one of the better players subbed off for To'omua (I believe). That seemed to cause Maddocks to move to 15, Beale to wing and To'omua took the 12 spot. Too much jigging around, especially when at that stage it should have been one of Foley or Beale taken off, not DHP.

Bench came on too late, pretty clear we can only stick with them for one half, not much longer, need to start subbing players earlier.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Just like last week with Kepu going off for the blood bin with Ainslie coming on instead of AAA. WTF Ainslie got selected for in the first place I don't know, but that aside Chieka has now established a long list of precedent to show he is both a poor selector and absolutely shit at using the so called "finishers" he selects.

Status
Not open for further replies.