• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I don't know if he actually eye gouged him though. It looked as if he thought about it and then didn't go through with it.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I don't know if he actually eye gouged him though. It looked as if he thought about it and then didn't go through with it.

yeah but you're a Kiwi.

this is where NZ will show why they're a step ahead of everyone else though. even if he doesn't get pinned for it, because it's so obvious I bet he doesn't get picked for the next game. They won't say why, he just won't get picked.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
BAAAAAAM SBW
7A4E0BFA-D082-481B-9B8A-4A495BCFF2FA_zps8arrtsuk.png

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So contact with the face is the same penalty as eye-gouging?? Honestly don't know.

No, contact with the face around the eyes is not on. It's supposed to be a yellow card offence or worse. Definite eye-gouging might be worse. I think the idea is to discourage fingers near eyes, because, you know, blindness. What Franks did, whether intentional or in a fugue-state, should have been sanctioned. Even more so since the ref told him to stop before he did it!!!!

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Genia for MOTM, a line break, that intercept that saved a try, few snipes. Good service.
Genia did a good job, but he's only MOTM if we are limited to Wobs. Otherwise Barrett, Smith, Coles (OK, maybe not after the gouge), Retallick et al are well in front.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I may have missed it in the thread but after he went for the eyes he moved his grip and tried to rip his throat out.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
No, contact with the face around the eyes is not on. It's supposed to be a yellow card offence or worse. Definite eye-gouging might be worse. I think the idea is to discourage fingers near eyes, because, you know, blindness. What Franks did, whether intentional or in a fugue-state, should have been sanctioned. Even more so since the ref told him to stop before he did it!!!!

So what you're saying is a one match suspension served as an emergency call-up for the "injured" prop in his Canterbury club side.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

He very clearly attacked the face though... still pretty bad in my books should never attack the face like that.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Genia did a good job, but he's only MOTM if we are limited to Wobs. Otherwise Barrett, Smith, Coles (OK, maybe not after the gouge), Retallick et al are well in front.

i was referring to wallabies only. NZ probably have 15 plus players ahead for MOTM before a wallaby is picked.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
If someone has a recording, I'd like to know what happened to pocock later in the first half. He was running to a ruck, then ended up on the ground looking a bit dazed. He rejoined play a few rucks later.

As for the game, same shit different day. Line out, ruck, tackling, kicking all sub par. Scrum, not good. Attack, mostly non existent.

I gotta say that A Smith is a freak. He has some friends in the ABs but he has taken half back play to a new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.