• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's not surprising as an all black supporter that you overlook the fact that, in this country, there's always something happening in rugby that at minimum maintains the rage

Would it also be surprising if I told you that where I come from its customary for the guy doing the accusing to provide some evidence. Also, if the accusing is being done publicly then the evidence, too, is expected to be produced publicly................

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
So TGC accuses a senior match official of misconduct, a senior player of the foulest of foul play, produces zero evidence of the first, his employers don't back him up on the second, yet it's Hansen who has the credibility problem?

Promise me you'll never change, Shiggins, you should DEFIANTLY maintain the rage.

NZRU has history with foul players getting away with shit at test level and lauding them for it. Meads, Loe and Bunce. Everyone remembers Michael Brial doing his nut at Bunce but few remember the incident which fuelled Brial's brain snap to try for the square up. Meads supposed hard man rips a bloke's leg off under a ruck and is lauded. Loe is just a dirty scum bag who only ever faced justice for gouging the eyes of his own player yet still gets airtime

Then we have Paddy Obrien in terms of officials with such clean records of integrity and performance. Lets ask Stu Dickson about Paddy's integrity and Fiji about his "high" performance.

In case you haven't noticed the ARU also has zero integrity with most people in Australian Rugby not on their gravy train so no need to attack them, we can do it better anyway.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
i dont know why Cheika would stick with the Cooper Foley combo after last night. they didnt seem to complement each other at all. in fact i think Foley was a big problem last night since he was at first reciever so much it limited how often Quade got the ball , his kicking was poor again and he missed 5 tackles. i dont necessarily blame Foley for any of that since he was out of position and clearly told to be the kicker and first reciever despite having better options available. and the defence as a whole was poor so picking on just foley is unfair. regardless Cooper cemented his spot for another test at least but Foley should not be with him. If To'omua wont be available put Hodge or Kerevi at inside and Kuridrani should come back to tighten the defence in the midfield.

Yeah I didn't think foley added anything. Most of his kicking was still ordinary (with hodge and cooper on the paddock its not clear why he was doing the kicking at all) and we'd been hearing about how having another playmaker was going to take all the pressure of him and allow him to be wonderful. As some of us saw in advance, the ABs aren't at all troubled by us having two playmakers. I doubt they give the slightest of a fuck about it, whilst we sit here thinking it totally changes how the defend. Besides cooper and Folau, Id rather we stacked the backline with the country's best defenders. I know we didn't have much ball, but Foley is fast obtaining giteau status: underwhelming in every big test but always given an excuse and another shot. Bring on Italy though - he'll score 5 tries. Actually, Italy would probably push us at the moment.

I think hodge needs to be in the XV as he can apparently kick a country mile, which should reintroduce some honesty to our opposition on the basis that for the last 10 years they have known we haven't had a kicker long enough to even attempt a kick outside the 40.

They need TK back - it was dumb to drop our best backline defender in the first place.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
How about the video..?

I don't think Franks tried to "eye-gouge" Douglas per se. I doubt many players ever deliberately try to do that, and it's not really the point.
I have a big issue with Poite quite clearly shouting at Franks "Not the head" before his hands then went to Douglas' face while Poite kept watching.
My understanding is that there was a directive in recent years regarding low or zero tolerance for hands around the eye region specifically so there would be no chance of gouging, inadvertent or otherwise.
So, why does Poite warn Franks so clearly then ignore the ongoing behaviour without at least a penalty? I mean he warned Pocock about playing the ball in a ruck and then penalised because he didn't stop. Why is this different?
I can only conclude Poite is an incompetent ref who bottled it.
If they've reviewed it and Franks' actions are not deemed worthy of citing then so be it, but World Rugby looks a bit of an ass if they make gestures of wanting to stamp out certain things then conveniently forget them. But there are precedents - choke holds, straight scrum feeds were brief fads that were looked at in recent times too.
It would be interesting to see the reaction if it was, say, a Wallaby player doing it to Whitelock or Read. I mean they still boo Cooper after 6 years. Food for thought.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Why does poite have a direct line to Hansen. Here is Hansen telling poite to make Coleman calm down and stop being so aggressive.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Taking it a bit too far there Shiggins. I doubt that Shag has a line to Poite on the radio (if he did, surely there is a 4 corners report coming up soon)

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Taking it a bit too far there Shiggins. I doubt that Shag has a line to Poite on the radio (if he did, surely there is a 4 corners report coming up soon)
Lol. It's a joke. I can't wait for the 4 corners report though.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Who exactly made the accusation that Hansen secretly met and discussed various issues with Poite before the game (without Cheika)?

That's a cheap shot because it appears to be complete BS. (unless Poite and Hansen are conspiring??? - Shiggins??)

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Who exactly made the accusation that Hansen secretly met and discussed various issues with Poite before the game (without Cheika)?

That's a cheap shot because it appears to be complete BS. (unless Poite and Hansen are conspiring??? - Shiggins??)

It wasn't made on here. Some bored media desk jockey I expect

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

Even if it turns out that they just got their wires crossed and they thought the meeting with Poite was actually the one with Peyper that Hansen has admitted to I don't see why that is any better. Presumably Peyper could have then become the messenger.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
So Frank's will not be cited. What a A joke. Now everyone can go around eye gouging, sticking hands in peoples faces and choking players

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Whenever the wallabies had some ball and made ground the all blacks just lay all over the ball. I admit it didn't happen much because we barely had the ball but poite needed to show yellow. At least to Reid after the genia break

Status
Not open for further replies.