• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
If Franks is guilty, then he should be severely punished. That seems to be the vibe from Kiwis. I would be quite happy to support a lifetime ban for a deliberate eye gouge. If he is guilty.

I understand your need to get all morally outraged over it but I think it is a non event. I haven't seen anything yet from the wallabies camp complaining about Franks not being cited, so I suspect they know there is nothing in it, but are content to let it go on as a distraction from their performance. If I see Cheika doing his prune about the failure to cite Franks then I will suspect there may be an issue.

Interestingly the South Africans think he was just trying to block his vision rather than gouge. I am sure that if he had been eye gouged he would have at least put his hands to his eyes, or complained to the ref. Not once does he raise a hand to his supposedly gouged eyes. Nor does he start yelling at the ref.

I have no doubt there was no gouge. The ABs are cynical but not dirty.
My only beef is that there was contact with the face and that should at least have been a penalty - as a deterrent at the very least.
I'm actually glad there was no red card - the shitstorm from losing against 14 men for 75 mins would have been unbearable (and I'm sure we would still have lost)
Besides - a suspension would only benefit SAF and the argies

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Another thing I've noticed with the line outs. Whitlock allways jumps across and in front of our jumper. Steals the ball. Coleman did it once and got penalised.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Why does poite have a direct line to Hansen. Here is Hansen telling poite to make Coleman calm down and stop being so aggressive.

TBF, I think Hansen would've been quite happy seeing Coleman running round like a methamphetamine fueled headless chicken. Looked great, but wasn't all that effective.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
All blacks knock the ball on at the line out. Poite doesn't care. Then retallic doesn't release Pocock in the tackle and gets awarded a penalty. All blacks get 3 points.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Your kidding aren't you. The Wallabies will be lucky to win against Argentina in Australia. I give them at best a 30% chance against the Bok in Brisbane and no chance at all in SA or Arg.

We've lost against the no 1 and 2 ranked sides in the world.
SAF struggled against Ireland who were easily accounted for by Eng, and are lucky not to be down 2-0 to the Argies.
Results are going as the rankings would suggest they should.
I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
TBF, I think Hansen would've been quite happy seeing Coleman running round like a methamphetamine fueled headless chicken. Looked great, but wasn't all that effective.
I thought it was the best lock performance in a long time from an aussie

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Pocock is just too damn small. What is he, 5"10? Turnovers, sure, but hopeless running impact, stumpy dwarfman lost in the lineout and almost zero short passing sense.

I reckon Aus best loosie combo would be

6 Fardy
7 Hooper
8 Higginbotham (at least he's a big nasty c**t who likes hurting people)
If there is one forward in Australia shorter the pocock it's Hooper.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
We've lost against the no 1 and 2 ranked sides in the world.
SAF struggled against Ireland who were easily accounted for by Eng, and are lucky not to be down 2-0 to the Argies.
Results are going as the rankings would suggest they should.
I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet.

Match thread up, I'm over last night, rather spend the next 2 weeks solving our problems.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)

How he has got away with this I don't know. Even after poite told him not to he goes back and starts choking dougles with his thumb and index finger

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)

1 min After kept gets penalised for playing smith off the ball retallic pushes Cooper over. Nothing wrong with that !

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Do you believe him after what he said regarding the eye gauging incident?

Um yes I do, I will ask who has said there was an eye gouge??
Got me stumped, has Kane Douglas? I know it an Aussie rugby site, and so we expect a majority to be one eyed Wallaby supporters and I am pleased to see that, but to say there has been an eye gouge, when none of us has seen one and noone has said there is one just makes you either a liar, or have a very good imagination. In saying that like I said earlier if we see there was one I would be quite happy to see Franks gone for 6 months. And who said he met with the ref? Cheika? If so either Cheika or Hansen is lying, and if it turns out to be Cheika, following your reasoning, do we assume he lies about other things too?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It's never ending. I remember pocock was pushed off the ball and then got trampled on i think it was retallic again.

Status
Not open for further replies.