• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Hansen -
"In my humble opinion there's not much point having a crack at the refs. You've got to be consistent and careful when you do that sort of thing," Hansen said. "He didn't have a crack at the ref in [the] Scotland [match] in the World Cup. I know he was upset the ref didn't talk to Stephen but if I was in their shoes I'd be wanting to ask myself: 'what is it we're doing that's making him not want to talk to Stephen?' If you listen to the commentary, you've got to pick your moments. The best captains in the world pick their moments, they don't try and talk to them about everything. They just pick their moments. If I was in their shoes maybe that's what I'd be having a look at instead of having a crack at the ref."

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
What because he only did one really mindless, stupid thing? Or because the other lock performances are so abysmal?

I spose with his YC he fits right in with the pack!
He was very physical and made some really good hits. He fucked up with that shoulder fair call. Much better then Simmons or Skelton. Seams to be more effective then Skelton in the physical stuff

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
At least Coleman's card was for something decent. I'd rather someone's clock gets cleaned as part of the deal, rather than stuff like Mitchell getting a yellow card for pointless touch line niggle (when he got that red card some years ago). Just wished he'd chosen Barrett and not smith.

G

galumay

He was very physical and made some really good hits. He fucked up with that shoulder fair call. Much better then Simmons or Skelton. Seams to be more effective then Skelton in the physical stuff

Fair enough, still, when Simmons & Skelton make you look good.....!!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Hansen -

"In my humble opinion there's not much point having a crack at the refs. You've got to be consistent and careful when you do that sort of thing," Hansen said. "He didn't have a crack at the ref in [the] Scotland [match] in the World Cup. I know he was upset the ref didn't talk to Stephen but if I was in their shoes I'd be wanting to ask myself: 'what is it we're doing that's making him not want to talk to Stephen?' If you listen to the commentary, you've got to pick your moments. The best captains in the world pick their moments, they don't try and talk to them about everything. They just pick their moments. If I was in their shoes maybe that's what I'd be having a look at instead of having a crack at the ref."

So Reid, Smith and Cane talking to him constantly was picking their moment. All 80 of them.

Hansen has about as much integrity as Franks.

Wallabies should display the appropriate level of respect for the Abs defending Franks. Sit down during the Haka and turn their backs on the anthem. F&^%$ em. Dishonourable actions deserve what they get.

It would be in keeping with the NZ crowd after all, still booing Cooper 5 years after giving McCaw what he deserved after McCaw's actions in the preceding rucks.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Hansen -

Humble? He certainly has smug and self-righteous nailed down well. Easy to adopt that attitude when he has his captain, several other forwards and half yapping relentlessly at the ref with impunity.
Moore undoubtedly handles refs poorly, but I think the refs need to be seen as being even-handed, and shooing the captain away repeatedly, then doing the same to the replacement captain the first time he tries to talk to the ref is poor.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Pocock minding his own business making his was to a ruck. Cain just pushed him over and into a ruck causing him to nearly get killed! But seriously. What a dick.

that was the one doing the rounds last night. Hooper got suspended and was public enemy number 1 when Sanchez pretended to be knocked over in similar circumstances a couple of years ago.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I even posted one asking if mumm was ok to play a player without the ball. I could of posted many more. Pocock being held at the breakdown a heap. Post a comparison of the wallabies at rucks and how they rarely fall onto the nz side compared with nz almost allways falling on the wallabies side

I've only posted the worst calls. I can't be bothered posting then all. I only have 600gig data. I would run out.

Ok Shiggins, I would ask you to post the lead up to Daggs first try, Moore doing an off the ball shoulder charge on Retallic, but really I not that interested anymore it all getting bloody boring, I know Wallabies lost, and I know All Blacks probably got a few rub of the green decisions, but to much more of these and we risk not calling Kearnsie a whinging Aussie, he would just get called an Aussie, which none of the sensible rugby people over here deserve!!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Things I think we can all agree on:

1. Steve Hanson is a wanker.

2. New Zealand are just plain better than us. Better passing, better kicking, better at infringing, better at discreet niggle.

Why are we surprised at what we have been pinged for that New Zealand haven't? It's nothing new. Let's stop complaining and start getting better at it ourselves.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ok Shiggins, I would ask you to post the lead up to Daggs first try, Moore doing an off the ball shoulder charge on Retallic, but really I not that interested anymore it all getting bloody boring, I know Wallabies lost, and I know All Blacks probably got a few rub of the green decisions, but to much more of these and we risk not calling Kearnsie a whinging Aussie, he would just get called an Aussie, which none of the sensible rugby people over here deserve!!
I did see that. The pass missed retallic and moore was committed. Pulling out but was never going to slow down enough to not make contact. He barely touched his as well

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
;)
Things I think we can all agree on:

1. Steve Hanson is a wanker.

2. New Zealand are just plain better than us. Better passing, better kicking, better at infringing, better at discreet niggle.

Why are we surprised at what we have been pinged for that New Zealand haven't? It's nothing new. Let's stop complaining and start getting better at it ourselves.

And perhaps we can agree that apparently Cheika is a liar??:p or maybe you allowed to say meeting took place that din't?

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Hansen -
"In my humble opinion there's not much point having a crack at the refs."

Yeah, the Kiwis know a thing or two about having a crack at Refs. Wayne Barnes is still probably moving from safe house to safe house after 2007.

Hansen is just as bad, except we never see him get pissy because they get the rub of the green more often than not.....

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Kiwis are an exciting team with a strong centre piece and amazing ball skills from 1-23. They are clearly the best team in the world at present BUT, the refereeing last night was extremely poor. Constant infringements around the ruck, slowing the ball down either went unpunished or was finally met with a penalty. There should have been at least 3 kiwi yellow cards, and don't get me going on the eye gouging. The ABs are that far ahead that they don't need the refs help, so can the IRB please ensure the referees monitor both teams.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
;)

And perhaps we can agree that apparently Cheika is a liar??:p or maybe you allowed to say meeting took place that din't?

Sorry I should have clarified that: Things Wallabies fans can agree on.

I don't know what the deal is regarding a meeting. As many commentators have said- Who cares? It isn't going to change the fact that we were outclassed.

As for Cheik's other complaints.... Yes, referees should give Stephen Moore more of a chance to receive clarification and request referee observation to specific issues. But it really doesn't help things that Moore (and some of the other forwards) are such dickheads when they do get the chance to speak to the referee. I think both parties need to reflect on their behaviour.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Hansen -

Unfortunately it's all about perception and that's just Hansen deliberately and pointedly adding to that perception, putting another nail in Stephen Moores coffin. It's getting close to an Al Baxter type situation and soon Cheiks will have little choice.
I actually think Moore was pretty hard done by.
In the his second interaction of the night Moore politely asked "sir was that close to a yellow card" after a deliberate and cynical infringement attacking the ABs line. No emotion, didn't carry on.
Poite responded "Stephen don't - if we need to talk I'm calling you"
I call bullshit
Moore has every right, and should ask that question. Its a repeated AB tactic when their line is under pressure and needs to be highlighted. It's not only the referee that can initiate a discussion.
That alone demonstrates Poite had preconceived ideas.
Poites player management should be called into question just as much as Moore.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Topical Musical Interlude!

Never mind The Exploded Dam of Phil Kearns Tears, this thread has got me looking for The Battered Foreign Internet Rugby Wives Shelter to take some refuge in until this Storm of Sanctimony has passed.

Good-o.

As you were!

simpsonsmob-752x501.png

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
There's fuck all we can do about Poite or any of the horseshit NH refs we get down here. Garces, Clancy, Barnes, Owens, poite. They're all capable of losing the plot halfway through a match and completely fucking up every subsequent call. you can probably count the number of shit calls Craig Joubert has made on two hands but his reputation was mud after the WC because a home Union felt aggrieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.