• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #4 New Zealand vs Australia Nov 7 2020

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No - that would include scheduled Tests remaining this year (2 v Arg) and matches for SRAu according to the proposed schedule.

What Super Rugby AU matches? That’s not even warm ups?

See BH has mentioned it already. Would be some shrewd work by RA if they told SANZAAR the wrong Super Rugby AU dates and the suspension date stands.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Including Dave Rennie, according to today's Hurled. He seems to think that replacing a red carded player after 20 minutes is better than destroying the game as a contest.

Ah no - his actual words: ""Sometimes people are getting red cards for contesting ball in the air and someone falling awkwardly. There are so many variables in our game. I think it's worth sitting down and going through various parameters."

Nothing about "ruining the game" at all from Rennie's mouth.

For the record, I'm not against the 20 minute proposal, particularly in the case of a prop where e.g. a flanker has to suffer for some else's idiocy.

But I'm 100% sure if it came to pass, and so happens to occur in the last 20 minutes of a close game, there will still be a pile of moaners out there muttering about one game in every 100 Test matches being ruined.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Yeh I'm changing my opinion on the Reds. Initially I thought yellow card on the day, but now I think both are easily Red. Any contact to the head is just too dangerous to let go. Both players should either go much lower or remove force.

Although I'd still support a sending off of only 10min (I think 20 is too long) and the player being replaced after 10 mins. The Red carded player going on report and getting further punishment. I think the 4 week bans where appropriate.

At least that makes sense for most players who are careless with no intent. The Red card send off and no replacement could still be appropriate for a player with clear intention - like punching someone in the face and knocking them out.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm not across the protocols for high shots and the punishments, but it seems that they've been consistently and correctly applied in both cases. I don't really have an issue with blokes getting sent off for arm or shoulder contact flush on the chin or above. That's potentially a broken jaw, concussion etc.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The Reds are fine. I think people just want the game to return to 15 v 15 after the player is sent off. I don't mind the idea of an orange card as long as there is sufficient incentive for players to continue to modify their tackling technique to avoid head injuries (i.e. serious suspensions are handed out afterwards).

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The Reds are fine. I think people just want the game to return to 15 v 15 after the player is sent off. I don't mind the idea of an orange card as long as there is sufficient incentive for players to continue to modify their tackling technique to avoid head injuries (i.e. serious suspensions are handed out afterwards).

If they get fined and rubbed out for a few weeks, that is a pretty good incentive. Plus the ignominy of being banished from a game: the more so if their side loses as a result.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It does seem unlikely, though, that WR (World Rugby) would take any action that could be seen as soft on high tackles in the context of potentially enormous CTE settlements.