• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe II @ Eden Park

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Why? I was never one for much training myself, but I venture the opinion that maybe the Darkness got their tapering wrong leading up to last week's game? They looked flat. They looked the opposite yesterday. There has to be a reason.

As for Lilo muffing the kick-off, I thought immediately of Quade's effort when he had a 'mare against the ABs way back when.
It reminded me of Genia dropping it against the Lions. Sometimes you know whats coming straight away.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
From an AB view, I personally was pretty impressed how well Bridge played (well everyone), I know most a lot have said how well he went, but I think if you watching highlights, watch Mounga's try, Bridge shot in off wing to put pressure on ball carrier and force the not too accurate pass, tackled the man and was feet so bloody quick he was on Mounga's inside shoulder as he ran in try, I love seeing players who work that hard off the ball. And as kiwiM and others have pointed out PT , I though was a monster, geez he made some big hits!! I a huge fan of Goodhue in 13, but geez ALB was just evrywhere too, so like I say, we know how well whole team went, but if you rewatch game, it good to just watch what these fellas do, the game of rugby is won I tend to think by how well players go off the ball, as much as with it in hand.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So much for the "new dawn" rather a new low.

Loose forwards absolute garbage all night. When will the penny drop & we play a proper 6 & 7? Naisarani can run but where is he in the tight? Invisible. Gutless. Dumb.

At least Rodda was in there doing the hard yakka. Thor has ticker.

Token 10 mins to Wright playing on the wrong side still managed more work than LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) in 70 mins.

At least I can watch the 2 of the 3 future Wallaby back row @ Ballymore this arvo. And a few in the backs as well.

New chuckle bros KB (Kurtley Beale) & Hodge. Hope we never see Hodge in the green and gold ever again & KB (Kurtley Beale) revert to form. Hilarious.

Credit to New Zealand they were fantastic. 1 - 15 pure class. Loosies were absolute beasts. One negative, I did notice a lot of contact around the neck not just the ones that were pulled up by the ref but it definitely seemed prevalent at the breakdown.
So we should have trot out the Reds in Wallaby gold and have the team that finished second last play at test level.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
I was only able to get through the first half, not sure I have the emotional strength to sit through the 2nd half

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think the occasion got into the heads of the australians, much the same as it got into Quade's head in the 2011 semi final.

The first 25 minutes of play wasn't actually that bad - but that mistake that led to the first try changed the context completely. From that point on the two teams differed so dramatically to the two teams in the first stanza.

One thing is for certain though: Equal biggest points differential loss for the All Blacks in 100+ years of rugby is not a fluke. Given the number of games they have played over all those years, the chances of the stars aligning just right for the wallabies to just manage a lucky big win against the kiwis is very unlikely.

55minutes of that All Black performance would have destroyed a lot of tier one teams by 50+ for sure.

They punished us, but it was because they had to.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah for the first 20-25 minutes the Wallabies were right in that game and just didn't put enough on the scoreboard. If they'd taken some early chances the game may have been different. The All Blacks would still have won I think, just not 36-0.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Just caught up with this thread and I'm wondering why I did. While the loss was pretty disheartening I'm still optimistic about the future. We dominated the best team in the world one week and they did the same to us the next. I don't accept that without the red card in Perth the ABs would've won.

The ABs didn't win the Bledisloe, we drew. The sky isn't falling this week any more than we were sure thing's to win the Bled and the RWC last week.

The spirit and banter this past week or so has been fantastic and I'm really looking forward to the RWC. Chin up lads.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just caught up with this thread and I'm wondering why I did. While the loss was pretty disheartening I'm still optimistic about the future. We dominated the best team in the world one week and they did the same to us the next. I don't accept that without the red card in Perth the ABs would've won.

The ABs didn't win the Bledisloe, we drew. The sky isn't falling this week any more than we were sure thing's to win the Bled and the RWC last week.

The spirit and banter this past week or so has been fantastic and I'm really looking forward to the RWC. Chin up lads.

Exactly. The ABs only retained the Bledisloe. Wind the clock back 20 years and there were ‘draws’ a plenty

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Good post Scoey, and you so right, I said same last week when Wallabies gave ABs a hiding, I got up Sunday, sun still came up, and I personally enjoyed the banter I got, especially at work from the non rugby fans, as I enjoyed that they were taking an interest in the game. Although I really enjoyed the ABs game on weekend it was slightly tempered with the fact that a lot of people that don't normally watch game here, would of sat down to get into the game, and unfortunately a lot would of turned off early saying things like 'same ol same ol' and maybe won't watch again for quite sometime. I love the game to much and would of been happy for a close game so those casual viewers could of found a reason to maybe blame the ref and still got behind Wallabies going forward!
Actually it was great reading so many positive comments on here leading into test too, not just out in the street, and I don't really think Wallaby fans should give up on them too early, there is definitely quite some improvement and I do wonder if the Eden Park hoodoo got into their heads a bit, not at the beginning of game but after Mounga's try, they were attacking made a mistake ,got punished and could of reminded them of hoodoo maybe. If last couple of weeks has reminded us of anything, it is rugby although a very physical game, is also a mental game.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
So we should have trot out the Reds in Wallaby gold and have the team that finished second last play at test level.

It would help to read properly. But whatever, it's not as if this current batch of losers are setting the world on fire.

The apologists are certainly out in force again after yet another woeful game.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It would help to read properly. But whatever, it's not as if this current batch of losers are setting the world on fire.

Are they? The two people i mentioned the rugby to kindly asked me not to speak of it.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Apologists, you literally just call for 20 year olds and Red's players to fill in the team, and bag everyone else. I'm not apologizing for them they were shit, but we picked the best team we could with a few line ball calls, mostly LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) 6 and slow wingers, but who had just put the All Blacks to the sword in Perth.

Go look at the teams that have lost to the All Blacks at Eden Park, there's a big fuck off list of them. Apologist no, Realist yes.. Your going to have a miserable time watching rugby if that's your expectation.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Oh, they're turning on each other again?

Burns-excellent.gif