• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe II @ Eden Park

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Last weekends result was strong enough to give me hope - and given we are playing the ABs in Eden Park, that itself is something of a
miracle. But I expect the ABs to be much better and I can’t say I am anything more then very cautiously optimistic.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
EB-lyWjVAAAbt0B

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Well - my only point of contention is AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Suggests to me he probably has a seat on the plane over Petaia or DHP. Not totally unexpected, but i would have preferred Petaia.

Amazing rise for Wright. Well done to the young man.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Well - my only point of contention is AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Suggests to me he probably has a seat on the plane over Petaia or DHP. Not totally unexpected, but i would have preferred Petaia.

Amazing rise for Wright. Well done to the young man.

Not necessarily, I think it could be a match specific selection - defence in the last 20 and big game experience.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yee-fucking-haw, here we go lads. Haven't been this excited for a Wallabies match in a long time. Good luck to all named, especially Wright, hope you do everyone proud. And also let's see some vintage Swoop as he rewinds the clock and boshes some no-name crusader reserves.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Team looks fine other than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), no idea why you would pick him over TK to cover a centre position or Banks to cover the back three. I don't buy into the 'experienced head' argument either. Both Tevita and Tom have enough experience for that spot.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Team looks fine other than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), no idea why you would pick him over TK to cover a centre position or Banks to cover the back three. I don't buy into the 'experienced head' argument either. Both Tevita and Tom have enough experience for that spot.
Well the 3 selectors have a reason so I'll just back that. I'm not going to get worked up over 1 bench spot.

EDIT: thinking about it, you may have nailed the reason right there. TK only covers the centres and Banks only covers the back 3. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) covers all of them, in the event that To'omua has to go on at 10.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Loving the selectors flexibility. Early talks of the Bledisloe games being selection trials ditched after the strong showing in the first game. Really excited about this game now:)

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
If you had showed me that exact team list 6 months ago and told me that they would put 47 points on the ABs in Perth and then head to Eden Park for the decider I would have called you mental. I doubt anyone here on the boards would have picked this starting 15 back then.

Oh....and does anyone have a magic pill that I can take tonight and then wake up at 4.59pm on Saturday. Not sure I can handle the next 48 hours.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Congrats to all selected.

A nation supports and cheers you on, do your best to bring it home but make sure you have fun playing rugby along the way.

What a great week it’s been chatting rugby and seeing wallabies gear coming out of closets around the country. Let’s hope we can keep it going and all make some new friends along the way.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Dubioua about the bench and dubious about Coleman. 20 decent minutes against an exhausted 14 man team doesnt mean form.

Glad majority of the team is retained though.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Congrats to all selected.

A nation supports and cheers you on, do your best to bring it home but make sure you have fun playing rugby along the way.

What a great week it’s been chatting rugby and seeing wallabies gear coming out of closets around the country. Let’s hope we can keep it going and all make some new friends along the way.

Well said WJ, isn't it good to not read negative bloody comments all week, and have excitement leading into test , as it should be!!

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Dubioua about the bench and dubious about Coleman. 20 decent minutes against an exhausted 14 man team doesnt mean form.

Glad majority of the team is retained though.
I'm happy to see Wright on the pine. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) a bit sus but I suppose he needs a chance..The selection of Coleman and Simmons forced by Arnold's injury. I'm happy that Coleman given the start after his performance last game to prove he is back k to form.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
God how I've missed this. The days when the Wallabies are competitive with the All Blacks (albeit for what could be a tiny little bit in the scheme of things). Quality chat from both sides - I hope it continues after the match no matter the result. As long as we hook in and give it a solid crack I reckon we'll come close and will certainly be in with a chance.

Go you good things go!