• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe III at Perth, 5/09/21 - 4pm AEST

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Throw in BPA, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Naisarani, Wilson, J’OC & Paisami and that’s a pretty nice team. Shame we’re missing so many.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm hearing that Angus Ta'avao is sitting at 18 simply to put the ABs best scrummager on the field when Tupou comes on. I realise that it isn't making a winning difference (yet), but all the same if true I think this is a tactical win to the Wallabies.

I don't consider Tupou playing from the bench is because of his scrummaging. It's to sheet home the opportunity for his dynamism in general play which has a better shot at lasting 20 or 30 mins. That chicken will come home to roost. In WA with a but of luck.

Last edited:

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Wallabies v Force opposed training session on a beautiful sunny day in Perth.
20210904_122735.jpg

Last edited:

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Amazing that he was considered a weak scrummager when he was at the Tahs
Was he though? He did fuck all around the park, I’m not sure if anyone took too much notice of his scrummaging - I’m not suggesting he was a beast in the scrum, just that he was pretty meh everywhere else and I don’t recall anyone focusing on him being weak in the scrum. Us Tahs supporters were more worried about bigger issues elsewhere.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm hearing that Angus Ta'avao is sitting at 18 simply to put the ABs best scrummager on the field when Tupou comes on. I realise that it isn't making a winning difference (yet), but all the same if true I think this is a tactical win to the Wallabies.

I don't consider Tupou playing from the bench is because of his scrummaging. It's to sheet home the opportunity for his dynamism in general play which has a better shot at lasting 20 or 30 mins. That chicken will come home to roost. In WA with a but of luck.
This would make more sense if he was actually opposing Tupou..

Would make more sense if we were talking about big Karl because they will actually scrum against each other- HE has come on suspiciously close to Tupous appearances.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
This would make more sense if he was actually opposing Tupou..

Would make more sense if we were talking about big Karl because they will actually scrum against each other- HE has come on suspiciously close to Tupous appearances.
It seems clear that's what's going on with Karl T, cannot see any other reason they'd start Bower over him.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Was he though? He did fuck all around the park, I’m not sure if anyone took too much notice of his scrummaging - I’m not suggesting he was a beast in the scrum, just that he was pretty meh everywhere else and I don’t recall anyone focusing on him being weak in the scrum. Us Tahs supporters were more worried about bigger issues elsewhere.
Seem like a lot of players that come through the Tahs are more appreciated elsewhere after they have moved on?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
What is it with Quade? How does he seem to seduce each Wallabies coach into picking him? Deans, McKenzie - perfectly reasonable choice. Cheika - well, probably had to give him a go. Rennie - really?
Nah it is all part of the G&GR plan to first bring Quade into the picture - then bring Foley back as well from Japan to reignite those foley vs Quade debates

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Seem like a lot of players that come through the Tahs are more appreciated elsewhere after they have moved on?
He was unappreciated in NZ prior which is why he ended up at the Tahs, he couldn’t get a gig over there after the Blues dumped him. He was 26 at the time. It’s not like he spent a decade coming through the NSW pathways. I’d bet a large sum that he spent a lot of his off field time in those 2 years at the Tahs trying to find a way back to NZ. Im not absolving NSW Rugby of guilt when it comes to letting talent pass by, but Angus T isn’t a very good example to use.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not a bad name for a punk band:

"Scrote Barrett and The Dead Rubbers".

Well, terrible name really but the sentiment still stands.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Beaugan needs one more try for the AB record v Wobs* :

11 – Beauden Barrett (20 tests)

11 – Ma’a Nonu (24)

11 – Richie McCaw (37)

9 – Rieko Ioane (11)

8 – Ian Kirkpatrick (8)

8 – Doug Howlett (12)

8 – Ben Smith (19)

* Unless of course Rieko gets four or five :)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Beaugan needs one more try for the AB record v Wobs* :

11 – Beauden Barrett (20 tests)

11 – Ma’a Nonu (24)

11 – Richie McCaw (37)

9 – Rieko Ioane (11)

8 – Ian Kirkpatrick (8)

8 – Doug Howlett (12)

8 – Ben Smith (19)

* Unless of course Rieko gets four or five :)
Out of interest, does anyone know the reverse stat? Hooper would be up there I reckon

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Amazing that he was considered a weak scrummager when he was at the Tahs
He was a weak scrummager. He also couldn’t catch a ball to save his life. He has improved out of sight.

He’s also very well-spoken and pretty funny. I know he’s done commentary work previously but he should take it up full-time when he retires. Light years ahead of Marshall and co. as well as the Stan guys we have here.